-fourteen-

Cody and I walked into Tender Greens. It had just opened up and heard it was good.

We looked at the menu that was posted on the wall. I was thinking about getting the fried chicken with mashed potatoes with a side of romaine lettuce salad. When Cody was done picking what he wanted, we walked over to the cashier.

"Hi, how may I get you started?" said the cashier.

Cody looked at me to start the order.

"Hi, um, can I get the fried chicken plate?"

"Of course, and mashed potatoes with gravy for the side ok?"

"Yeah."

And what kind of lettuce would you like for your salad?"

"Uh, romaine please."

After my order was in, I moved aside to let Cody order.

"I'll have the same thing as her."

After Cody's order was in, the cashier read our order back to us. "So, I have two fried chicken plates with mashed potatoes and romaine lettuce salad?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, the total comes out to $15 even."

Cody took his wallet out and took out an exact $15 and handed it to the cashier. The cashier pushed a couple of buttons on the screen and the receipt was printed. The cashier handed Cody the receipt and started taking the order of the person behind us.

"Thank you," I told Cody, as we were walking toward the drink dispensers.

"Of course. You having fun?"

"Yeah, of course, anytime spent with you is always fun."

I grabbed two water cups on the side of the drink dispensers and filled them both up with water. I handed one cup to Cody and we found a table that was open.

"Oh hey, I'm meeting up with a couple guys to prep for tomorrow's game. You gonna be okay alone for a couple hours?"

"Yeah, I should be. Are you getting dinner with them?"

"Nah, wanna come back to eat with you," Cody smiled.

"I'm a lucky girl, aren't I? Hope the guys won't mind I'm stealing you for dinner. What time are you leaving?"

"I think," Cody checked his watch, "four-ish. We still have a couple hours to kill. The guys said they're gonna stop by our room for a little bit before we head out."

"Okay, sounds good." 

The waitress came to our table with a tray in her hands, putting each plate down in front of us. Cody thanked her and she walked away.

I started eating my salad and Cody started with the mashed potatoes.

I got out my phone to see if there was anything going on on Instagram or on the news. I was scrolling through the explore page on Instagram and saw a picture of me and Cody. I tapped on it, the username was @wagnews.

@wagnews