Chapter 19

(A/N:Credits to @ariinoya for the amazing fanart she/he made,I am so grateful and pleased by it and you have no idea how happy you made me by drawing it.

  Like seriously,thank you so much,I will never forget this.

  It's from the scene of when Mahiru and Licht stood by Misono's side like bodyguards from the previous chapter,and judging by the comments,you guys loved that scene! xD

Seriously,thank you so much,you have no idea how happy you've made me when I first got it;until now,I'm still so happy about it!)

-/-

  .

  .

  .

"Pft."

  A small chuckle of that sort escaped from Mahiru's lips which he so half-heartedly tried to hide and muffle from the audience and merely tilted his head to the side in an effort to hide it.

   Misono looked up from his seat to stare at said male, who's stare eventually turned to a glare,"What, Shirota?What are you laughing for?"

  "Pfft," Mahiru's muffled chuckles grew louder and longer,until he couldn't contain it any longer in its confinements and erupted into a full-on-laughter.

  The ones that make you go 'BWAHAHAHAHAHA' and 'OH MY GOD THIS IS HILARIOUS' and the ones that made your abdomen ache and you collapse to your knees out of exhaustion.

  Exhaustion from laughing his heart and lungs out, of course.

"Oi Shirota!The hell you laughing for?!" Misono demanded for answers as Mahiru continued to laugh his ass out,before slowly regaining his composure.

  "Whoo..Whoo..Oh my god,the tension between the air was so thick and serious that—" Mahiru stopped in his sentence as he burst out laughing again.

  Mahiru immediately stood back up straight and pointed at Misono while holding his stomach,"W-What was that,'And I will not take no for an answer'? Oh my god!You sounded so professional!"

  Misono immediately heated up and the two completely forgot that there were still people in the vicinity,"S-Shut up!"

  "Oh my god,Misono,were you just dying to sound cool?Like an anime character from a shounen manga or something?Misono,if you were trying to sound cool,stop.Please,it's just hilarious.'You imbeciles'.." Mahiru breathed out his last laughter.

  "Oi,Todoroki!Help me out here!" Misono pleaded as he turned to Licht,who just shrugged nonchalantly as a response.

  Misono 'tsked' as he realised that they weren't alone; there were still some company with them.

He immediately gnashed his teeth as he picked up a a small rock to throw at Mahiru like a javelin and spoke through gritted teeth,"Oi,Shirota.You forgot that we still have company."

Mahiru tensed up and stilled for a moment before standing up straight and rubbing the bleeding area of his head,and eyed the 'rogue assassins'.

The tallest of them all,the one with the scythe, appeared to be shocked upon seeing Misono's arrival for reasons Mahiru did not apprehend or know.

He shrugged,considering the fact that anybody would be stunned and shocked when someone suddenly throws a chair at you and appears out of nowhere.

Mahiru can't blame him for that;Misono and Lily just randomly appeared in his school and demanded that he and Kuro went with them to their place.