Chapter 20

"Izuna..." Mikuni sighed in slight exasperation yet relief as he eyed the currently out-of-breath and evidently tired Izuna who was staring at them with wide and surprised eyes.

Izuna stammered as she gaped her mouth open, and managed to stumble out,"M-Mikuni...?!Is it actually y-you, like, actually you?!"

"As me as I'll ever be," Mikuni joked, and much to his surprise,Izuna's eyes watered and she suddenly acted like a raging bull as she charged straight for him and Tetsu who became alarmed by it.

Before Tetsu had the chance to place the coffin in between them three so that Izuna (whom he hadn't noticed was her just yet) would ram her head into it, she engulfed them both into a tight hug and started to bawl her eyes out.

"I-I was so worried after we separated!" She cried,"I thought we would never meet each other again! Misono was also a bit worried!"

It snapped to Mikuni as he tossed and turned his head around,searching for a certain purple-haired boy that thought highly of himself.

He...wasn't there.

Where was he?!

Mikuni widened his eyes as he pushed Izuna back forcefully,which caused her to get confused as she asked on what happened,and he spitted out in venom,"Izuna.Where is Misono?"

"E-Eh?Misono?Isn't he just behind me?" Izuna asked obliviously as she turned back,and to her horror as she clasped her hands over her mouth, she found that Misono wasn't there.

What took over the surroundings was silence for a couple of minutes; not even the rushing of footsteps of three people that were drawing nearer to their location could break it.

Izuna was at a lost for words.

Why was Misono not behind her?

She swore that he was following her!He was also searching for the source of the 'noise'!

So why was he not here with her?!

Where was Misono?!

Eventually,the silence was lost when Tetsu finally spoke up,"...Izuna-San,I need to know this. Where is he?Where's Chibi?"

Izuna spun around quickly,so quick that her mind was taken to an alternate reality for a moment and she thought she was high and started sputtering,"I-I-I don't know!He was just behind me!I swear he was just behind me!I-I—"

"What do you mean you don't know?!Why the hell is Misono not with you?!" Mikuni snapped as he glared and took a menacing step towards her,to which she replied with a shriek and a step back.

Mikuni continued to draw nearer to her,and hissed,"I trusted you to keep Misono safe while I was lost.And where is he now?Gone!"

"W-Wait,please,Mikuni.Please wait,I can explain—"

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted anybody in the first place.Every time I do that,I either get betrayed or something goes horribly wrong.It always does.So it was stupid of me to put my faith in you to protect him," He lashed out at Izuna who was currently almost in tears and trembling.

Before Mikuni could grab Izuna's hand though, Tetsu stepped in and stopped him from doing anything else by grabbing his hand.

Mikuni glared at him and asked,"What?"

"...Mikuni-San," Tetsu cautiously started off as he knew that it wasn't good to fan the fire,especially if Mikuni's anger was the fire,"I know that you are worried for him.I am too and I am sure that Izuna-San is too and she is regretful about it.So please, do not lash out at her like that."