Chapter 24

"Let's all play together on this merry occasion!" Belkia announced with a big and mischievous smile that was shining with intent through it's rays. The swords danced through his fingers like graceful swans, not one nicking the magician's skin. It was almost mesmerising if not for the situation given.

"Y-You're... Belkia!" Misono gritted out with narrowed eyes that were burning with rage.

He heard about him through Tetsu before. He heard of what the man did to them. It caused a fire to burn through his veins, dancing along to his rage as it tempted it to go with the flow. It was almost nauseatingly frustrating.

Belkia was taken by slight surprise at his name being called but quickly remembered the Eves' circumstances and where they came from. And judging from Misono and Mahiru's angered expressions, his future self did a good job leaving an impression on them.

Feeling his maniacal tendencies rise again, he gave a taunting smirk to them,"Well, nice to meet you too. Guess we don't need to introduce ourselves since we know each other too, right? That saves me a lot of time. I usually use ten minutes to introduce myself since it's good to leave a good impression of yourself, though I guess my other self already has."

"A crappy impression that made us want to stay clear of him at all costs or risk getting murdered is what your other self gave us!" Mahiru retorted back, still carrying Licht on his shoulders.

Belkia merely shrugged,"Still a good impression by my standards nonetheless."

Not giving any more attention to the Eves as time was ticking by and one second gone was another second wasted, he turned to the Servamps in disguise. He knew that Tsubaki was waiting for the Eves and he couldn't let Tsubaki down no matter what. Not after everything he did for him.

"Now, I see that there are people harassing you. I'm feeling kind today so I'll give y'all an offer," He grinned back at them as he presented his swords with pride, each of them being in one crack of his fingers,"Would you like me to do the honours of skewering them for you? I have three swords here— one for each of their hearts. All you have to do is say the magic word which is 'Yes'."

Hearing that all of the people in the vicinity excluding Otogiri gulped, especially the two conscious Servamp's who were basically threatened just now.

However, after gulping, both Mahiru and Misono turned to look at each other with a knowing look in their eyes.

It seemed that they both knew the answer to that but their minds and morals blocked them from saying yes. Their minds swirled with guilt over the decision but their primal survival instincts were battling for control over their choices.

It was a war in their minds. Risk being killed or kidnapped by the rouges, or ask a crazy magician for help to kill them and get the blame pinned on them instead.

It was like a centipede crawling around their souls, encapsulating them in it's vice grips as it hissed soul-wrenching comments into their ears. And it didn't want to let go.

Belkia licked his lips at the tormented faces the Eves gave. It was amusing and he loved his victims' faces whenever they were given an impossible decision. It always wrecked with grief and pity but most importantly, underlying greed that came from the fact that they were secretly happy that they were given the choice to live and not the other.