Chapter 22

Had someone told him that one day, he'd be turned into a vampire by someone and he'd be glad and grateful for the person who turned him into one, he would've laughed his head off and scoffed.

But hey,things and opinions change.

A lone man with raven hair sat on a chair, overlooking the fireplace that was in front of him and smiled melancholically as he played with the tip of his katana that was mysteriously growing a red hue.

He hummed, remembering words that were engraved into his mind by the person he admired.

His creator, or rather, Teacher.

"You are the weapon to kill the Servamps and you are the one who is coming. You can kill your brothers and your sister. You are my greatest masterpiece. You are the Servamp of Melancholy. Remember that, Tsubaki."

He smiled again, thinking of the words that his creator had said. He was the being who could kill his brothers and his only sister.

He admired his creator so much, but that damn Sleepy Ash...

He gritted his teeth in frustration and anger, feeling all of his rage rush up to his hand that was gripping his katana gripped it harder and his eyes took on a darker and more sinister shade of red as he stabbed the floor through with his weapon.

Why couldn't that damn Sleepy Ash had heard his cry of help to at least spare his creator, to at least let him see him for one last time? He had cried out with such anguish, melancholy, so why...?!

Why did Sleepy Ash kill him?!

Waves of anger rolled off his entire existence and the room became suffocating with how much anger he was showing, and if a normal human being entered, they would choke and shake in fear of how so much hatred and loathe was rolling off the walls, with thoughts of 'I'll kill him' adding to the mix.

Luckily, a certain nurse and a redhead man with really long hair weren't just your regular typical humans; in fact, they weren't humans at all!

...

Okay wait, scratch that off; they were humans once, but they weren't humans anymore, so it was kind of relevant to the subject.

The two stood there for awhile at the doorframe, unfazed by their surroundings (due to the fact that they're already used to these kinds of situations) before the italian man with red hair tied up that almost touched the ground announced their arrival,"Tsubaki-San, we're here."

Almost immediately, the said raven stopped his anger from rolling off his existence and turned to them with a slight smirk,"Good. Hey, Otogiri and Higan. Why don't you come nearer?"

Both of the newcomers nodded and walked over to him without hesitation, showing that they had complete trust in him and didn't fear him at all.

They both stood beside him, him who was sitting down and leaning into a comfortable chair and overlooking the fire in the fire place, and they waited for him to say something because it would have been rude if they said something first.

Luckily, the tension was quickly settled when Tsubaki opened his mouth to speak,"I really do like fires. They're warm, able to keep you alive on a cold and harsh night. They provide you light to guide your way to the darkness. They provide you hope and determination."

"However," his tone took on a darker turn,"I've grown to dislike it after...what Sleepy Ash did. I can't get the image out of my head."

He gnashed his teeth in anger as the two others remained silent,"Villagers screaming. People running away. Their houses on fire. Lives lost and many voices spoke no more. But the most terrifying thing I saw was a black lion on top of Teacher's house, roaring in anger."