▼There Can Only Be One

"Well, this is it." One tall guy peered over the top of a blue sedan looking at the college entrance.

"Better be a fine year." Another guy exited the passenger side swinging his bag over his shoulder. He looked at the college behind the gates and his eyes drifted to the entrance, the guards and those entering.

"Think it's gonna be safe?" He turned to the driver.

"It should be, looks like they're enough guards." He replied.

"Not that Ange. I'm talking about anyone that rivals." Ange studied his face for a while.

"It should be..." He repeated himself again, "You're good Dèlan. You're good." He spoke again reassuringly under his breath.

"Well, let's go." Dèlan stepped off the car walking to the gate.

"Day, wait." Ange stopped him after locking the vehicle.

"Promise me you won't do anything rash." He looked at him concerned. Dèlan paused and looked Ange in the eye.

He didn't have to be a psychologist to know what Ange was thinking. Even then it was displayed as clear as day on his face. Dèlan could see the worry on his face or was it fear? It was desperation, but for what?

"What's got you so riled up?" Dèlan faced him.

"Nothing much. It's just with all that happened this summer, with the lost and all. How will you get through?"

Dèlan only looked at him knowingly, with a calm expression. No fear, no worry, hinting nothing negative to Ange.

"You've got a plan don't you?"

"I've got a plan." He grinned. "You'll see. Just stay tuned."

Ange looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He knew Dèlan, grew up with the guy. Being he was three years older, Ange looked to become his friend in that and a brother figure to him. Dèlan did have an older sibling but with what he had personally gone through, Ange felt the need to be by his side guiding him.

"So, are we going in or not?" Dèlan faked a smile.

"As long as we don't get kicked out before even starting classes." Dèlan scoffed at him.

"I'm serious, let's take this easy."

"Ange, it's cool. As I said, I've got a plan. Nothing drastic and I promise I'll be careful if that's what you want to hear. Okay?"

Ange nodded.

"Good. Now let's go before all this gushy-ness turns me into something else." He joked pushing Ange a little.

~.~

"Oh my gosh, you've really gotten cuter Dèlan." One girl squeezed her bag tighter to herself.

"Only cute? I thought I was hot just a couple minutes ago?" He replied smugly and the three girls giggled- honestly a college cliche.

"Day, we got about five responses, aren't we going to do anything about it?" The taller, more skinnier guy standing just behind Dèlan whispered to him. Dèlan cocked his head giving him a steeled look.

"Chill Ange, we've got time. An entire semester. Besides, it's not like there's another me." Dèlan soothed his words. The girls continued giggling turning his attention back to them and he smiled at the lot.

"I still can't believe this was your big plan. What if some of them were here?" Ange was worried.

"Like who? Those delinquents? We're good Ange. Besides, I just want to see what this place has to offer." He smugly offered a smile to the girls adding to their already annoying giggles, Ange squeezed his eyes shut at the annoyance.