▼Pup's First Full Moon Part 1

Being honest with himself Dèlan felt pretty good about this new him. It was scary at first how it all went down- only for a short time, then came the surprise, the feelings and now the energy. The first week after- at school he was timid about being in public as if scared he would be or act weird and if he would be found out. Would he be discovered? Discarded? Disembodied and studied? As the days rolled on he just got a fresh sense of himself and courage and it was doing him good.

~.~

The next morning after the previous night's fiasco Dèlan woke up with his hand as heavy as a twenty pound bag of something- at least it felt that heavy. He struggled to hold up his hand and even had to sit up on his bed to concentrate on lifting it. His head spun and felt heavy as he looked at the bandaged hand, resting it on his knee he carefully undid the wrapping with the pain lingering from mid-arm down.

Dèlan had to muffle his scream of surprise and posed like a poorly paid actor trying to be astonished. His hand was completely healed, no blood, no swelling, no scars- not even a simple scratch or graze. Eyes popped and jaw dropped, Dèlan stared at the appendage that was attached to him but seemingly not his. He could see where it joined his body but it didn't feel like his.

He thought about flexing it and his fingers started to curl folding into a fist, this time a small 'eep' was let out and he covered his face with the other hand. He thought about his hand attacking him, probably strangling him by now but it only contracted and relaxed showing the normal signs of a fist and open hand.

Now he thought about it his hand wasn't hurting him anymore, guessing it was all in his head he half mindlessly threw his hand at the wall above his bed.

"Ouch! Yup, that was real pain." He winced holding his hand.

"Dèlan! Is everything okay up there?!" His mother sounded her voice. He jumped looking at the door forgetting she was around. He bit his lip as the pain continued through his hand before just disappearing.

"You're up early for a Saturday! Do you have special plans?" His mother called out again.

"Umm, yea I do! I think I'll get a start on some studying I have to do next week!" He studied his mind- a million things flowing through him.

"Oh that's a surprise. studying is new, what's it going to be like?" She joked causing him to smirk. He raised his hand studying it, turning it making sure he got a good look around.

"I think I'll start with biology."

~.~

Monday morning was particularly okay for Dèlan until he stepped into the main hall and saw all the other students around. The smile he wore took cover within him and his eyes searched the place in desperation for no one in particular. The weekend was okay, having played with his new arm he felt as if he could take on this week. Seeing the millions of faces passing him by now just carried him back to what it was like before the monumental event went down.

No one paid him attention, it was as if he wasn't even standing there. That was how it has always been, so he shouldn't feel fear. It should be like any other normal day but he felt himself exposed- more aware of his surroundings, being watched. The only thing that played on his mind were images of scientists and doctors with masks looking down on him with scalpels, pads and pens in their hands.

"I don't want to be an experiment. No freak of nature just because my hand healed unnaturally." He murmured to himself- whining almost.

Dèlan had no idea who or what he was, just the fact that he had been told he got a nasty cut only to wake up the next day and see it totally healed. Also there was the fact of Caleb biting him but reassured himself it was a dream. Either way, none of the two scenarios really do the point justice that his hand healed almost inhumanly. Dèlan took a breath and took a step into the rest of the week.