▲Alpha's Cunning

"You better watch your back, I'll find out who this alpha is sooner or later." The words ran through Absalom's head. He would be stretching it if he said he wasn't overly concerned about it but he was pretty confident he scared the alpha a bit in letting him on about another alpha, which he had to find now.

Absalom remembered when he came to his room at the Emergency Centre; he was sleeping at the time, or at least in a very deep relaxed state for fear of being attacked again.

What shocked Absalom; someone came into the room and touched his arm; it definitely wasn't a nurse with the feeling of weight being lifted from his body all at once. The pain in his jaw started dissipating- Absalom was familiar with this technique of consolation; something that his mother did. He recalled that was what caused him to look around at whoever it was taking his pain, and he felt the pain of the wound from the alpha being removed, then he was triggered and fought his eyes open to look at him carefully.

~.~

"You, you're just like him."

"What?"

"You, you're an alpha. Aren't you?" The stranger tried hiding an evident blush. "That's a long story but no, I'm just a beta." He flashed his yellow eyes.

"You're taking an alpha's pain very fast for a beta. Who are you?" Absalom continued, he was so lost in the hospitality he forgot to be on guard for potential threats.

"I guess you can consider me a friend." He smiled, "I'm Flash."

"Flash. Flash the alpha." Absalom drifted letting the name sink in.

"I said I'm not an alpha." Flash said in a chuckle over a warning tone.

"You keep saying that, but I know an alpha's touch." His mother running through his head.

"So, 'beta'," He stressed it, "since you're not an alpha and you're here taking my pain, what do you want? To join your pack?"

"No. I belong to a pack already." He stated seriously not making eye contact; he was surveying the bandaged wound.

"I like how you use the word 'belong' and not 'lead'." Absalom coughed a laugh.

"No. I'm serious, I'm only a beta and I belong to a family hierarchy; that's my pack. But I'm not here to give an autobiography, you wanted to know why I was here; I want to know who attacked you." Flash quickly pulled away his hand from Absalom, his concentration wasn't enough to feel through the pain in the wound.

"It was definitely an alpha. I remember it distinctly- the red eyes; lunar-spited."

"Lunar-spited?"

"Blood lust, savage, whatever you call it. He called me weak when he finished me. I didn't understand it at the time but the way he talked made it seem like he wanted me to join his pack." Flash listened intently before asking his next question.

"So he's making his pack bigger or now building one. It would seem he's a fresh alpha." Absalom only shrugged, he was curious as to what Flash was going to do with this information.

"Do you know what he looks like?" Absalom shook his head.

"He wore a grey hoodie so I couldn't see besides his eyes and teeth."

"Damn. What about smells?"

"Only lunar-spite." Flash bit his lip.

"You're just a beta, why are you tracking an alpha?" Absalom drew out the question.