▲Victim

Two weeks had passed already since orientation and the dreadful feeling Flash had of there being another alpha in the college. Truth be told in his mind; the opinion now lingered in Flash's thoughts that it may have been just his paranoia acting on him. The longer he thought about it he questioned himself as to why it would be that strong and why so sudden at orientation. Flash kept dismissing it as the fact that he was suddenly being around so many people as opposed to being in the forest alone for two years.

He tried his best to clear his thoughts on the situation with it only happening that day and that time only, nothing- not even a scent any given day since then. Then he thought about the rooftop after leaving the auditorium;

~.~

"Beta! Hey beta! Wait!" The girl called after him as he hopped two stairs at a time going up to the roof. Flash wasn't worried about tripping at this point, so as long as his feet kept moving. He didn't know anything about the new building he was climbing, just the mere fact that he felt the presence of another like him and its scent was becoming stronger the more he climbed. Bursting out onto the roof Flash shielded his eyes from the sudden illumination of light, no one was up here- at least not anymore.

"Beta! Jeez, can't you hear me talk- mmm mother!" The girl exclaimed behind him in annoyance at the sudden light change. Flash barely peeped over his shoulder to see what she exclaimed for. Trying to focus on smell alone an entire flood of odours poured in. The scent he was trailing seemed to have been overpowered with the others in the atmosphere.

"So much for forest training, there's tonnes of scents here." He mumbled to himself taking down his hands and facing the exit from the roof. Walking towards the exit the scent got stronger on the wall by the door. Flash knelt and studied the wall. Closing his eyes once more and concentrating on the smell; it was what he was tracking but it slightly differed, almost as if blending with another scent just to throw him off.

"Is this some hobby of yours?" Flash opened his eyes and cast a mediocre look towards the female standing before him, his look might have came off as one with more disgust because she turned up her nose before given him a piece more of what she thought.

"You're weird you know, don't you think that?" She shifted her weight on one foot. Flash looked at her and let his eyes trail off to the ground in search of a reply, he didn't want to be rude by immediately being sarcastic so he simply replied;

"You are too. Given you chased me all this way." She bit her lip.

"That's besides the point, I was talking to you and you just ran off all of a sudden after staring at me like an animal in shock." Flash cleared his throat.

"Didn't you hear me calling to you?"

"What were you saying?" Flash honestly replied.

"Seriously?" she shifted her weight again, "You seriously did not hear me calling you beta?" Flash swallowed the guilt that lumped in his throat.

"That's not my name." He shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head still stooped to the ground.

"Well obviously, what was I to say to get your attention? It's not like I even know your name."

"Anything besides beta would've been nice." He forced a half smile making his cheek raise to meet his eye.

"Well, I didn't know how else to get your attention. You were standing by the BETA booth so I wasn't sure how else to call you."

"The what?" He narrowed his eyes in slight annoyance at his own misunderstanding.

"BETA. Better Enlightenment for the Treatment of Animals. The club?"  Flash was lost now.