▼Puppy Love 1

Dèlan only remembered thrashing and scratching. At first it was at his enemy- a wolf from another pack, the ones that attacked their pack and killed Caleb. Then it turned out to be a friend- blinded by rage Dèlan couldn't stop himself from attacking Ange, he wanted to but the anger boiled in him more. Ange's screams could be heard like piercing arrows at his eardrum. It wasn't a very manly scream and that was when Dèlan realized he was attacking Chloe amidst the blood and fury. Her painful, bloodcurdling screams for help filled his memory and burned into his mind. Dèlan could feel himself shed a tear; the warmness of it running down his face brought back his humanity and quieted the noise. Getting up from Chloe, she stood unscathed in the black mesh dress she wore, the look of confusion and fear mixed on her face.

"What? What are you?" She was scared yet played the brave roll as she always did, Dèlan looked at her certain that he had just impaled her insides.

"What? I'm me." He said but wasn't too sure himself. He looked down to the forest floor where a pool of blood stood around his feet. His reflection showed himself but not the kind Chloe knew- his cheeks and jaw were covered with hair, his jaws squared and his canine teeth made more prominent. Looking closer at his image his eyes changed from the yellow they once were to the matching red of blood he looked at. Looking back at Chloe, she stepped away holding her arms close to her for comfort.

"Wait."

"No, I don't know you." She had tears in her eyes.

"But, I, I love you." He found himself saying which was very odd because he never felt the emotion called love before. He always told his mother that but it wasn't the same thing when confessing to someone he, he found himself caring for. The realization made him look at her differently, Dèlan cared for Chloe- he liked her, and he loved her. He would've never expected- after being the centre of attention for so long from everyone else that he would find himself falling for someone.

"I love you too." She spoke with reassurance but still soft and backing away.

"Then stop." He reached out to her taking a step. She bit her lip showing the fear and looking at his hand. Dèlan looked and saw that his hands were coarse and bloodied, moreover long claws protruded from his fingertips.

"I, I don't know who you are."

"Stop!" He pressed on. She shook her head tears in her eyes and still backing away.

"Chloe! Please!" She turned and started running, the feeling within him begged him to go after her. That feeling wasn't of human emotion, it was the urge to chase, maim and kill.

"Chloe! Stop!" He found his voice sounding more aggressive and louder than expected. He ran after her and felt like sport, in his mind he wanted to hold her and calm her but his urge at the moment only whispered 'blood' in his ears.

He gained on her easily but went for her feet- she tripped. She struggled to get up and pushed herself to run; he was enjoying this- toying with her before he ripped her apart. He continued his prowl on all fours and gaining, he used a tree as leverage and leapt in front of her. She shrieked and fell at his instant presence dreading his next move. Dèlan looked at her with blood crazed eyes and took his time towards her, her chest heaved with every breath clawing at her throat. Her heartbeat excited him with the strength of its pounding and how he wanted to just put an end to it. Now he was over her; her back on the ground and staring death in the eye. Dèlan raised his hand and brought it down with such force to shatter her rib cage and plunge into the warm, moist cavity of her chest.

~.~

The scream of his alarm woke him up, his eyes shot open and he was able to breathe- inhaling a lung full so deep as if he were submerged the entire time. His face was dotted with sweat even though the wind blew coolly at six that morning, swinging his feet around and sitting on the edge of the bed with his elbows propped on his knees Dèlan wondered what that dream was all about.