▼I'm Back!

The early morning bustle of college didn't seem any different from the start of the semester compared to this mid semester time. The only difference was that the place started looking a little haunted so to speak with the decorations about the place with Halloween in tow. The students from the Faculty of Visual Art and Theatre were doing their best in setting up the college for the nationally observed day and in adding to their portfolios for a raised Grade Point Average.

Some students could care less as they went about their daily classes and being just as nonchalant as the other. The majority however showed their appreciation of the season through expressions with minor make up effects like tattoos, scars and novelty items. Few got on the bandwagon for making it a memorable celebration and this one particular first year teen smiled to himself from the gated entrance to the college.

"Been away for a couple weeks and it seems they rolled out the welcome wagon with a few party favours for yours truly." Absalom smiled guileful as he took his first steps onto the campus grounds after his incident.

~.~

It seemed just the outer parts of the college that could be viewed by the public had the majority of the Halloween festivities strewn over the place. Everything else seemed pretty normal continuing through campus except the restaurant and general areas that visitors may traverse given they toured the campus- little paper cut bats and pumpkins strategically placed to capture the eye. Absalom thought it was a rather childish attempt at decoration but it wasn't like the place was a college for witches and wizards; it was still a normal tertiary institution so it couldn't be over done.

Speaking of which; the Art Faculty did the Halloween theme justice- it was only Monday but with Halloween days away they might as well get the preparation underway. The faculty was styled from the windows on the buildings to the shrubs and hedges that bordered the area. Life sized paper skeletons and vampires stuck on the walls. Paper-mache pumpkins and heads lined the walkways and artist concepts of werewolves and other mythical creatures on display. Absalom asked himself why was he even in the art faculty when he was a tech student, but he knew the reason why; his main objective was to find the one that put him out of college for a while.

He was honest that he had catching up to do but with what happened to him in the first place had to be addressed before it happened again or even much worse. Absalom was on a mission now to find his bully, to find the one who did him in, to find the alpha. It was possible suicide to do this but with all in good reason he smiled to himself at his plan.

~.~

The first couple mornings of college weren't so bad, granted Absalom admitted to himself that he had some issues finding his classes but it was all coming along. Also admittedly, he was afraid of college now given the sensation he felt that day at orientation; a lunar-spited wolf- as his family referred to it. Some called it blood lust, others called it hostility, he was accustomed knowing these types of werewolves as savage creatures strayed from the paths of humanity- it was an exaggeration the most knowing that it was a mere feeling over something psychological but a feeling he dreaded nonetheless.

He was thankful enough when college started after the event at orientation that he didn't sense the lunar-spited presence. The first two weeks had gone by smoothly even though he was on guard- one would call him up tight for it but he couldn't be judged if he grew up somewhat sheltered even in his werewolf life. It was the Monday morning he was off to his regular class and thankful he knew where it was. Today however he decided to take a new track there; from the entrance he would cross through the faculty of science and technology into his faculty. That was his undoing and didn't sense the darkened soul of what he dreaded for so long.