▲Pup's First Full Moon Part 2

It had been twenty eight days since Flash had left the trail entrance.

He had traveled just over two hundred miles from the end of the trail and spent sometime familiarizing himself with the area in a fifteen mile radius from a rock formation he made up as a camp cover with other things lying around the forest.

He stuck at least twenty miles in from a stream which was still a bit too close for fear of running into hostiles, however it was a source of food and water.

On his fifteenth and seventeenth day of being on the go he met two others just like him, they were omegas however and were forced into looking for another pack.

They didn't pose a threat even though the odds were two omegas to one beta, they all stuck together and Flash didn't have the scared gut feeling that they could turn on him. He believed in his sixth sense to trust them but the human side didn't rule out what they were possibly capable of.

Flash spent everyday at dawn meditating to channel his senses to his surroundings. He became more in touch with nature and his inner being. The omegas when they joined him adopted this habit and they spent days working together strengthening themselves mentally and sometimes physically for the oncoming full moon.

Now it was the last night, one more day and they were going to have to brave the pressure of the full moon themselves; either they fight through it together or fight each other. Flash didn't want to think too much on it but it was a necessary factor to take into account.

Flash now spent the night meditating- training his mind to meld with nature. His body to become apart of it and to become the being inside. The meditation wasn't something he had to do as part of his training, he just felt the need to be accustomed to his surroundings so that's why he did it. Plus the fact that he was out in the middle of no where with nothing much to do.

He knew what he was doing, well it wasn't that hard- pay attention to his surroundings but at a very low state of movement both physically and mentally. The hard part was not falling asleep but the human side of him wouldn't let him, not while there were others and differently others out there.

He wanted to test his meditative ability, was this all for nothing or did he somewhat 'improve'. He started with the basics in his human senses.

Flash could feel the cold night air blowing against his skin, the crickets chirping in the damp decaying leaves of the forest floor. Frogs whistled and croaked in communication with each other, then the occasional split second silence of the critters because of over head predators doing their nightly surveillance. Flash opened his eyes and barely saw the dark silhouette of an owl perching on a branch some feet above and ahead of him. A few dim lights flickered in the area; bio-luminescent insects.

He exhaled, inhaled and slowly released his breath closing his eyes again. Digging and feeling deeper Flash could feel more in his mind. He could hear more and smell more, he sensed more.

The leaves made different sounds now; a subtle 'splat' as he heard it- they were crickets and jumpers that traversed the floor, 'pitter patter'- the sound of scurrying mice and smaller forest rodents, the obnoxious 'squash' of the amphibians' weight, and a continuous 'rustle' of humus- a snake.

Flash could smell the dampness of the night, the dew and decay on the floor. He picked up various scents of furred creatures; rabbits, sleeping squirrels and other rodents. A wild pig or two could be heard and smelt, deer or moose, cats whether large or small.

This was good, he could sense all that. When he opened his eyes it all seemed to just fade away, he exhaled and focused his vision this time.