▼Chosen

Luckily no one followed them and no guards were around to stop them; Dèlan was able to keep up with the beta and followed him to the top of the roof where he announced the arrival of the alpha to the entire college. The beta's human hair still stood covering his face and his ears- the perfect cover. He didn't know Dèlan was behind him and he barked like a rabid dog needing to be put down, Dèlan watched as he fought with himself but why. Rubble shifted under his foot when he moved and the beta spun recognizing him, he roared at him in intimidation. Dèlan let the barely caged anger back out and he roared his eyes back to full glow once again.

The beta charged him head on but Dèlan was prepared to uppercut, however at last second it ducked and picked up Dèlan by the legs slamming his back into the ground. The beta started pummeling him once again but not in succession since Dèlan kept blocking or dodging, the same flip launched the beta off of him and the same four legged stance he took.

"Aw come one, that's getting old. Don't you have any new tricks?" Dèlan teased him and the beta rose to two feet, he snarled and walked briskly towards Dèlan. This was a change and Dèlan got a little worried wide-eyed as he came. The beta's feet were a bit shaky and Dèlan used that then to execute his uppercut when he got closer, shoving him onto his back once more. Before the beta could respond Dèlan was all over him, punching him at least twice before picking him up and ending a knee to his gut. The beta felt limp in his hands but was far from over with Dèlan. He held Dèlan's leg and the other at his throat picking him up. Dèlan was genuinely surprised and did nothing as the beta threw him near the edge of the building. From its standpoint it jumped and landed near Dèlan's feet, it got on its knees and held onto Dèlan's throat choking him. They squirmed- each fighting for dominance and Dèlan found his head starting to hang carelessly over the roof top. The fact he had nothing to support his head now meant the beta could simply push hard enough to break his neck or even worse, kill him to take his alpha power. This vexed Dèlan especially with the memory he had going through his head.

~.~

"You need to kill me. Do it now Del!" Caleb spoke with a mouthful of blood resigning in his throat. Bloodied, broken and torn he lay in Dèlan's arms barely holding onto his final breaths making sure that his will be carried out.

"But why boss? Why?" Dèlan was never one to cry, even before he became who he was- tears never were a bother to him. Now he was releasing them just as freely as they came.

"You need to do this. You need to take charge Dèlan. You need to become, the alpha." He held Dèlan's right hand in a fatherly manner, bringing it closer to his throat and placing it there.

"Boss, please. Don't." He continued to beg. Caleb held his hand and squeezed it so his claws appeared, Dèlan was resisting but Caleb's strength, his power- the power of an alpha was too strong. Dèlan could feel his claws beginning to sink into Caleb's throat and as much as he resisted with all his strength Caleb's will was stronger.

"Son, listen to me." Caleb called out grabbing Dèlan's attention, Dèlan never met his father so to be called son by a masculine, or father figure rather- it touched some part of him that made him feel warm.

"This place, this battle, this pack. The people- they need you Del. You need to do this. You need to become strong and protect everyone. You need to become the alpha." He begged him again, Dèlan softened but wouldn't not let himself be swayed.

"Listen to me boy!" Caleb's eyes burned brightly with his weakened roar.

"The future of this community depends on you. I know your mother doesn't know but she is depending on you. This is something you must do. Be a man, stand up and fight!" He roared speaking to the wolf in Dèlan. As if all at once his resolve became clear and Dèlan had to carry out the will of the alpha.