Chapter 3

Dad drove off and I turned back around to look at the Alexandrians. I got my gun out of my holster and started to pace like my dad did earlier, then I heard a voice say "you don't have to be like this." I turned around - it was the boy around my age. I walked back to him and kept hold of my gun. "Like what? Tell me." He looked up at me. "Like your dad. You have a choice." I crouched down. "And what exactly is my dad like? You killed some of our men first so we just returned the favour. You don't know my dad. I don't have a choice. I'll always stay with my dad." I stood up and then the boy replied. "Is that what you want though? It seems like he's controlling you." I quickly pointed my gun at him and the woman with dreads screamed "no!". The Saviours all pointed their guns at the woman. I signalled them to put their guns down and I put my finger to my lips to silence her, then I looked at the boy. "Let me get something straight. My dad does not in any way control me. Believe it or not he is an amazing dad. What gives you the right to judge my relationship with my dad?" The boy looked quite shocked but I put my gun away. "What's your name?" The boy stuttered "C-Carl." I smiled. "I'm Athena." I put my hand out to him and he hesitated at first but he took it and stood up. "Why do you defend your dad like that?" He asked. I got close to his face and said "you have no right whatsoever to question me about me and my dad.  He's all that I've got." Carl moved even closer and said "that can change though." Well before I knew it me and Carl was kissing. I heard loads of gasps from both the Saviours and the Alexandrians. I felt my arm and gun slowly drop and then I accidentally pulled the trigger and I only just missed my foot. Everyone screamed and I pulled myself away from Carl. Just as we pulled away my dad had returned in the RV. Well this couldn't be anymore awkward...

Dad came out of the RV, saying to Rick "now Rick, that little trip was to change how you look at me." Dad then noticed the shock on everyone's faces then looked at me and Carl. "Well what's been going on here?" Dad could tell something had gone on. I stuttered. "W-Well I was talking to Carl. He told me that I didn't have to be like you and I told him that he has no right to judge us and he erm - kissed me." Dad looked at me then looked quite angry at Carl. Rick then came up to me and grabbed me "You little sl-" He was really hurting my wrist and I could feel tears streaming down my eyes and then dad yelled "get your hands off my daughter!" Rick let go of me and gave dad the death glare again. Dad stroked his chin as I walked up to him, holding my wrist and he put his arm around me. "Looks like that little trip didn't do any good at all. Get on the floor!" Rick got on the floor and then dad approached Carl and put a belt around his arm. "That hurt?" Carl shook his head. "Now get down next to daddy and spread your arms." Dad then took Rick's hatchet off of Dwight and a pen off Simon and marked Carl's arm. Rick began pleading "no. Please take me." Dad looked down and said. "Me? No. I'm not going to. You are." The one with the dreads then pleaded "please, we understand." Dad looked over and said "oh do you now? I don't think Rick here does." He threw the hatchet down to Rick and Rick continued to plead and then Carl begged his dad to just get it over and done with. Rick swung the hatchet up and my dad noticed Rick's face full of fear and he stopped him at the last minute. "Now that is how I want you to look at me. I'm going to tell you something. You work for us now. We will make regular visits to your homes. Do you understand?" Rick nodded. "Good." Dad signalled some of the Saviours and they grabbed one of the Alexandians and threw him in a truck. Dad turned to me and put his arm around me "Come on darling, let's get back." Me and dad headed towards the RV then I heard Carl say "since you took one of our people, shouldn't we take one of yours?" Everyone turned around and dad chuckled and approached Carl. "And who exactly did you want to take?" Carl glanced over to me, dad turned around to look at me and then everyone else did. It was either extremely hot outside or I was just blushing really bad. Dad turned back to Carl. "Do you really think I'd give my daughter to someone like some whore?" Carl shook his head. "Exactly. I mean we can ask her. Athena darling, do you want to go with these people?" I felt the tension, holding my sore wrist. "Not a chance in hell daddy." Dad laughed and turned back around. "There's your answer. We'll be seeing you in a week." Dad put his arm around me, "Come on baby. Let's get back." Me and dad got into the RV as the Alexandrians left and dad started the RV, driving us back to The Sanctuary.

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter guys :)