Chapter 11

I was running - not very good because I kept feeling slightly dizzy but I wasn't giving up. There were walkers nearly everywhere, I could feel myself getting into a panic attack but I closed my eyes and remembered the first time I killed one. Daddy held my arm so it stopped trembling. It helped me to calm down and then I shot it in its head. I wish dad could have seen me kill it. I continued running and then there Enid was approaching me. "You do realise Carl didn't actually like you? He just used you." I laughed. "I'm over it. Plus I was right. He would stick his dick in anyone that would open their legs." Enid pulled out her gun. "I guess I didn't push you hard enough the other day. I hoped it would have done more damage. But to be honest you look just like your father." "Oh I don't just look like him. I act like him too. What's that saying? Oh yeah, I'm daddy's little girl." I hit her in the side with my bat and she fell to the ground. "That was for pushing me. You're lucky. If my dad was here he'd have killed you right now. And he'd have made everyone, including your little boyfriend to watch him. Just like the first two. What were they called again? Oh yeah that's right, Glen and Abraham wasn't it?" Next thing I knew the little bitch shot me in my leg. I screamed and fell to the floor. Enid got up and stumbled away.

I was screaming in pain. Walkers were coming at me. Fuck. I couldn't do anything. I was crying my eyes out thinking about dad. I can't leave him. I grabbed my gun and shot a walker but I didn't have enough bullets to kill all of them. Next thing I knew someone killed all the walkers that were surrounding me - it was dad. Thank god. "Daddy." I smiled weakly and wiped my tears. "Daddy's here baby. Let's get outta here." Dad picked me up and carried me to the car.

"I hate that fucking place." I cried holding my bloody leg as we drove back to The Sanctuary. Dad put his hand on my face. "It's ok darling, they'll get what they deserve. As soon as we're back we'll get your leg sorted. Who shot you sweetheart?" "Carl's slut, Enid. She did it after I hit her in the side with my bat." Dad smiled. "That's my girl." We got back to The Sanctuary and thankfully the walkers had gone. Dad carried me to our room and he got the doctor to sort me out. The doctor had to get the bullet out of my leg before cleaning the wound. He used these tweezer things to go into my leg. I screamed in agony. Dad was sitting on the bed next to me and he told me to cuddle up to him, to look away and I held his hand to take my mind off the pain. Dad continued to cuddle me as the doctor tried to get the bullet out. "It's in there deep." The doctor said. "Daddy it hurts." I cried into his chest as he cuddled me. "I know it does baby." Dad said as I squeezed his hand and he kept me close. The Doc got the bullet out and then cleaned the wound with anti-sceptic. It hurt so bad. I screamed really loud and started shaking in pain. Dad continued to cuddle me as the doctor bandaged up the wound. The Doc left the room and it was just me and dad. "Fuck I've got blood on the bedding dad and tears all over your leather jacket." I said as I wiped my tears. Dad laughed and cuddled me closer. "You do worry about some shit darling. They'll wash. My main priority is my baby girl." "Lucille?" I laughed and dad pushed my head down on to the pillow, messing about. "Very funny Athena. You'll always be my baby girl. You know that." "I know daddy." Me and dad laughed. "So what happened when you saw Rick dad?" "I was in his house waiting for him and we basically just had a fight. I used Lucille but she didn't kill him and he threw me out of the window and that's when I ran." Dad had a few cuts on him, "Are you ok?" Dad laughed. "Course I am darling don't you worry. Anyway what happened when you got shot?" "Well I had a walker coming towards me which caused me to have a panic attack but I remembered the first time I killed one when you helped me dad. Then she came up to me and said Carl never liked me to begin with, so I said I was over it. Then she said she wished she pushed me harder and caused me more damage and that I look like you. So I told her that I'm daddy's little girl and then I hit her." Dad laughed. "No matter how old you are you'll always be daddy's little girl. I'm proud of you darling." "I thought those walkers were gonna get me when I was on the floor." Dad cuddled me. "I wasn't going to let them get you baby. I'd never let them get you." "Thanks daddy. I feel kinda tired and dizzy." "You go to sleep then baby and rest. Daddy won't leave you darling. You get comfy." I snuggled up to dad and he cuddled me and wrapped me up and he stroked my face as I fell asleep.

Me and dad were sat on the sofas. He told me to put my foot up so I could rest my leg. "Dad?" "Yes sweetheart?" "What was I like as a baby?" Dad chuckled. "You was a beautiful baby. I didn't get much sleep because you'd be up all night screaming but it was worth it. I loved carrying you around in your pouch though. You always screamed when you had to come out of it." Dad chuckled. "You loved it when I'd put you on my chest to sleep. That was the only way I could get you to sleep most of the time." "Some things don't change." We both laughed. "You're never too old to have cuddles with daddy my darling." "I know dad." Dad started chuckling. "What's funny?" "I was remembering this one time when you were a baby. I had you on my knee in a meeting because you were screaming in your stroller. Then you did a massive shit in your diaper so I changed you on the table. Simon kept talking as I was changing your diaper, even though I told him to wait until I changed you so I threw your shitty diaper at him. Everyone was pissing themselves. Simon was kinda pissed off but hey it shut him up." I was hysterically laughing. "You didn't?" "I most certainly did." "You're amazing dad." "Thank you darling but have you only just figured that out?" I smiled. "Nah. I've known it my entire life." Dad smiled back at me and helped me get up. "Come on darling let's go outside."

Me and dad went outside, both with our bats over our shoulders - I was limping pretty bad but dad made sure I didn't fall over. All the Saviours were waiting for us outside the walkers pen. One of the Saviours told dad that all the Alexandrians fled to the Hilltop. "Well were gonna give them fuckers what they deserve." Me and dad walked into the pen and one of his men carried in a bunch of arrows. Dad stuck Lucille into the stomach of one of the walkers and grabbed a bucket. The walker guts oozed into the bucket. "We're gonna soak all of these arrows in the buckets of guts. The arseholes won't see it coming. Start cutting the guts out these fuckers and start soaking!" I went up to a walker and was about to cut it open. "Athena darling not you." Dad grinned. "But dad, you just said-" dad chuckled and put his arm around me as we walked out of the pen. "You don't work for me darling, they do. They don't just work for me. They work for us." I smiled at dad and gave him a hug as we watched the Saviours cut open the walkers and soak the weapons in the guts.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter guys!