Chapter 37

I know I'm doing heck a lot of flashbacks but I kinda wanna wait till I watch TWD s9 more! I'll probs do another present day one after I watched the mid season finale!

Ps. There is a trigger warning of rape.

Athena's POV:
Age 14:

Dad's just gone on a run. He wants me to stay at the Sanctuary. I bumped into Lucas - one of dad's most trusted Saviours. Last year we tried to make a deal with another community. The leader wasn't having any of it so dad killed him. We told them they can either join us or end up the same way as their leader. Just about everyone got killed except Lucas and four of his friends. They've proven themselves loyal to dad - plus Lucas is pretty good looking but he's about 20. "Hey Athena. I was wondering if you could come help me with something?" He asked. "Umm sure." I followed him to his room and all four of his friends were there. "What do you need help with?" I asked. The five just laughed. Now I'm confused. "Your father took everything from us. We only joined this fucking community to gain his trust and then do the same to him!" Lucas snarled. What the fuck? "S-so you're gonna kill me?" I stuttered. They all laughed again. "Take your clothes off." Lucas snapped. "No!" I yelled. I tried to go to the door but two of Lucas's friends grabbed me. They forced my top off over my head. Then the other two forced my pants off. I'm just in my underwear. The two holding my arms forced me to the ground and held me down by my wrists and the other two held my ankles. I'm completely defenceless. Lucas put tape over my mouth. I knew what was coming next but I couldn't face it. I shut my eyes as tight as I could. I felt Lucas's hands grip my thighs after pulling my underwear down. My wrists and ankles are hurting enough. As it happened I could feel my eyes stinging from tears. I can't open my eyes.

When it was over, Lucas ripped the tape off my mouth and the other four let go of my ankles and wrists. I stood up to get my clothes back on and I stumbled a bit from pain. I can't even say anything. "Don't tell anyone about this. Because if you do blab, well - you know that little girl you're so close to? What's she called? Lily." My heart was pounding. I knew he saw the fear and anger in my face. I can't let anything happen to Lily.

As I went back to my room, I didn't come across anyone thankfully and my wrists and ankles were covered but still really hurting. I got to my room and ran in the bathroom and threw up. After I threw up I just collapsed into tears. Dad isn't due back for at least another hour. I can't let him see me in this state.

I went back into my room and just sat on the bed. About twenty minutes later, dad was back. I made sure my sleeves were covering my wrists and that my socks were covering my ankles. "There's my girl!" Dad announced happily but his face dropped when he saw the state I was in. "Athena darling what's wrong?" He came over and wrapped his arms around me. I can't tell him. I ain't gonna let them arseholes hurt Lily. "I-I don't feel well daddy. My tummy has been playing up. And been sick a few times." Technically I wasn't lying. Dad rested his head on mine. "My poor baby. I've got to do a little duty around the Sanctuary but I'll be back soon. Ok?" I nodded and dad kissed my head and wrapped me up before leaving.

I looked down at my wrists and they were bruised like fuck. No doubt my ankles are just as bad. I've tried to stop thinking about what happened but it's just haunting me - making me feel more and more sick.

Dad came back in and he didn't look very happy, he was followed in by Lucas and the other four. Oh fuck. "What's wrong dad?" I asked. "These five were supposed to go on a supply run today, but they told me that you told them that it was cancelled. Is this true Athena?" Dad asked, quite annoyed. Is dad really believing these five arseholes? "No dad I didn't." Dad came over and sat next to me. "It's ok if you did darling, I aren't angry." I'm so close to tears right now. "I'm telling you the truth dad." Dad got up and said, "these are five of my best Saviours. Why would they lie to me?" I got up and went to the bathroom. "And I'm your daughter. Why would I lie to you dad? I'm getting a bath." I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I ran myself a bath and got in. My wrists and ankles burned like crazy in the water. I just sat there and burst into tears. How could dad believe them? If he knew what they really did...