Chapter 32

Athena's POV:

We've been stuck in this cell 18 months. Anne came to see me whenever she wasn't working or at camp. Dad's been refusing to eat, but he still tells me to eat my food. And I'm still paralysed.

Michonne has come into our cell... well stood on the other side of the door. "Negan you gotta eat." She said low. I just stayed quiet and phased out. Then I heard dad say something about mom. "Me and Lucille always wanted a kid. We'd have loved a kid like Carl. And we got an amazing daughter. I love my Athena with all of my heart. Now if Lucille was still here she'd have made me weak, like your son who died. But Athena? My daughter has made me stronger every step of the way." I could feel myself well up. "Please let me see Lucille. Where is she?" Dad asked. Michonne looked at him dead in the eye. "Exactly where we left the bat. Right next to the tree." And she walked out. "No. No." Dad sobbed. I didn't know what to do. It broke my heart seeing dad like this. He walked over to the wall and started hitting his head. "Daddy please stop." I sobbed. I had to do something. I have to try and walk. I pushed myself up but lost my balance and fell back on the bed. Come on Athena you can do this. I pushed myself up again, and tried to move my feet. It seemed impossible but I wobbled abit then my balance maintained. I was able to take small steps. I got to dad and put my hand on his shoulder. He immediately stopped and turned around. "Sweetheart you're walking." He said surprised. "I had to try and do something Daddy." I sobbed. Dad realised what I meant and he looked horrified and scooped me up in his arms and hugged me. "I'm so sorry darling." He sobbed. "It's ok daddy, please don't hurt yourself." I sobbed into his chest as we both sat down. "I won't baby, I promise, I'm so sorry." He hugged me as tight as he could. "Daddy you're hurt." I looked up at his cut on his head. "I'm ok darling. It's ok." He smiled at me and stroked my face. "I can't believe I walked dad. Over a year and half I've not been able to move." I smiled. "I know darling. I'm so proud of you baby." He kissed me on my head and I cuddled up to him closer.

A few days later, I'm holding dad's hand sat on the camp bed and resting my head on his shoulder. Then we heard a commotion outside. "I wonder what's happening?" I said but dad shrugged. The door burst open and Maggie stormed in. "Michonne moved out the way huh?" Dad said getting up. Maggie was furious. The two of them ended up discussing Glenn. I just stayed out of it. Then I heard Maggie say, "I'm gonna kill you." What? No! I got up and managed to walk to dad. "If you wanna kill my dad you kill me too!" Maggie looked shocked at my response and dad looked upset. Maggie opened the cell door and threw dad at the wall and he fell down. "Kill me!" Dad sobbed. I felt my heart breaking. "Tell me why I should kill you!" Maggie shouted. "Kill me so I can be with my wife Lucille! Please!" I broke down in tears. "No. You're already worse than dead. Get back in your cell!" I sat back on the camp bed and dad joined me as Maggie locked us back in and left. "D-Daddy are you ok?" I sobbed. Dad wiped my tears and hugged me. "Of course I am baby. I'm sorry." "Do you really wanna die dad?" I asked. "No darling, sometimes I just forget how much I miss your mother. But I could never leave you." I wrapped my arms around dad. I didn't wanna let go.

It was getting pretty late so me and dad laid on the camp bed and he put the thin blanket over me and held me close and cuddled me to keep me warm. I kissed dad on his cheek before burying my head in his chest to get warm. "Love you daddy." Dad kissed my head and then rested his head on mine. "I love you too baby. So much." And we both fell asleep.

So compared to my other chapters this is a short one! But I hope you guys like it