Chapter 8

Negan's POV:

I was carrying my little girl to the car to get her back to The Sanctuary. She hit her head really bad. I can't let anything happen to her. I gently put her in the passenger seat and put her seatbelt on. She was crying in pain. It broke my heart to see her like this.

Athena's POV:
I felt the car running but I was in agony. I was crying. "Daddy it hurts." My dad sounded panicked but tried to keep calm so that I wouldn't freak out. "I know baby. I know. We'll be back at the Sanctuary soon." I felt as though I was gonna puke but I didn't say anything coz I didn't wanna puke in dads car and if he stopped, we'd probably attract walkers. I just closed my eyes to try and get rid of my headache. I ended up dozing off in the car.

I felt the car stop and I woke up and the pain was horrible. "Owww" I cried. Dad got me out the car and carried me in his arms. "It's ok darling we're back now." My eyesight was still really blurry as dad rushed to get me to bed - he stopped to get the sanctuary's doctor and then we went in our room. I felt dad put me to bed but I just fell asleep.

Negan's POV:
The Doc was examining my little girl as she slept, she better be alright. I can't lose my baby. "Is she ok Doc?" The Doc looked at me and said, "she'll be fine. She's concussed quite bad but she needs to rest in bed for a couple days. My heart lifted - my baby is gonna be ok. The Doc left the room and I changed Athena into her pyjamas, put her back to bed and I got a chair and sat next to her.

Negan's Flashbacks:
Lucille just gave birth to our beautiful little girl Athena - she is the most beautiful little girl I've seen and she's mine. I'm lucky as fuck to be her daddy. I held her in my arms as Lucille slept. I gave Athena a bottle of baby milk whilst Lucille slept and Athena fell asleep in my arms. I didn't wanna ever stop cuddling her.

                ———————————-

It's been three weeks since my little girl was brought into this world, but Lucille's cancer has overpowered her. We were in the hospital and I had Athena in my arms, I was stood at the window watching the apocalypse whilst I was cuddling my little girl and she started crying, I gently cradled her to calm her down and then I turned around to see that my beloved Lucille had passed and turned into a walker. I picked up my barbed wire wrapped bat but I looked down at my little girl, then at my zombified wife. "I can't do it." I sobbed and I rushed to the car to get me and Athena back to The Sanctuary.

                   ———————————-

I've not had any sleep recently. I've had to put Dwight and Simon in charge for a couple days so I could take care of my little girl. Some nights she'd sleep in her crib for a good few hours but she'd cry non stop. I was fucking shattered but my baby girl always comes first. "It's ok baby, daddy's here." I took her out of her crib, sorted out a bottle for her and fed her until she fell asleep. I changed her diapers hell of a lot too. The only way she'd calm down was when she rested her on my chest so she could sleep. It was honestly the best feeling in the world cuddling my little girl as she slept.

               ———————————-

There was a lot of work to do in the Sanctuary but I couldn't leave Athena alone so I had to take her around the Sanctuary with me. If it was just a meeting I'd push her in her stroller and feed her, change her diaper and cuddle her etc when she needed to. None of the Saviours said anything because they knew my little girl comes first and if they did say anything, they knew I'd happily bash them with Lucille. I also love to carry her around in her baby pouch, I'd hold her head as we wander around the Sanctuary grounds and she'd babble and snooze against my chest.