Chapter Two: Aaron's Family Disaster

A year later...

"Here's my stop." She stated and we stopped in front of their house. I pinched both of her cheeks. "Sebs! Ouch!" She slapped my hands away and I just laughed at her. "Ha..ha..very funny." She said sarcastically.

"Bye Fabs!!" I shouted even if I was just close to her as I mess her hair. Well, who doesn't enjoys annoying their best friends? Well, probably not me.

"Shoo!!! Don't keep me waiting tomorrow Sebs. I'm warning you." She said with a threatening voice. She says that every time but I still do the same thing. Oh come on, is five to ten minutes late is such a big deal? I also like the thrill of being a bad boy.
I chuckled at my own thoughts.

"Aight, see yah!"

I walked my way home. I was opening our door when suddenly I heard glass breaking from the inside followed by argumentative shouts. My heart pounded nervously which made my hands shake causing the keys to fall on the floor. I hurriedly picked it up and opened our door as I went inside.

I saw dad pulling mom's hair causing my mom to fall on the floor. "I am tired of this Elaine! What a gold digger you are! I want you to sign this annulment papers this instant!" Dad exclaimed as he placed some documents down the coffee table.

"Mom!" I shouted worriedly and sat beside her. She was crying, and it breaks my heart seeing those tears from her. I looked at dad furiously. "Dad! Why are you doing this!?" I questioned him.

My dad was about to reply when my mom suddenly talked. "Fine. Marrying you was the biggest mistake I've ever done in my life anyway." Mom stood up and went to the coffee table. She signed the papers without reading them.

"Feeling is mutual. Proposing to you was the worst decision I've ever done in my life." Dad stated and sat on the sofa. He rubbed his hand across his forehead as if he suddenly had an excruciating headache.

"What is wrong with you guys!?" I exclaimed. I don't know if I could hold all the mixed emotions I'm feeling right now.

Hatred. Pain. Sadness. Disappointment. It just felt too heavy to handle. Too heavy it was too hard to breathe. Too pain seeing my family shatter. Too disappointing that they gave up on our family just like that!

Mom harshly settled the papers back on the coffee table. She went upstairs stomping her feet. My dad followed her and so did I.

Mom was in their room, packing her things. Dad went inside and leaned on the wall and I stood there utterly confused. "So you're leaving? Thank heavens you are! Since that is what you are good at. Leaving when you got what you need. Money! My money. Go! I don't need a filthy bitch around my house." Mom stopped and gave dad dagger looks.

She went close to him. Her pale face had a shade of red from anger, her face stained with tears. Rage and hatred reflected in her eyes but there was something more. Something like pain or sorrow. Behind those dark emotions, it was like she was hiding something.

Distress from untold misery.

"You know nothing Christian! So stop judging me like you know everything! It's not all about me needing your fucking money!" Mom exclaimed as she burst into tears.

I couldn't hold it anymore. Tears started running down on my face. I tried to wipe them away but they won't stop. It just won't.

"Oh, really Elaine? What really did happen? Huh? You didn't really love me!" Dad grabbed her hair again to make her look at her. "You faked it to be a gold digger you are! Not for you, but for another man. Yes! I know you're cheating on me, Elaine! And I know you're three months pregnant but I am certain that it's not mine." Dad stared back at my mom, too threatening.