Chapter Seventeen: Prank Gone Wrong?

*SLAP!*

I held my cheek as I could feel the pain of my dad's palm landing on my face at the very moment I opened the door.

"Fabian!" Sebastian comes over me and caresses my redden cheek his eyes filled with concern. "Are you alright?"

Speechless. My eyes widen cause I didn't expect my dad could hurt me. I guess I underestimate him. But something stung in my heart cause he didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.

"Mister Mercado let me explain." Sebastian was determined to stand up for me. He knew I was too shocked to talk.

"Are you the father?" my dad asked to straight to the point.

"No sir, but--

" Dear God! Who did you fuck Fabian? You're such a disgrace! Now could you disappoint this family?"

Now his harsh words triggered something in me. He made me glare at him as tears threatened to stream out of my eyes filled with pain and anger. "You talk like I'm such a whore! Such a disgrace dad? Let me just remind you that you got mom pregnant at the same age I am now. And you still had the guts to call me a disgrace even if I earned a diploma to prove I'm still doing good in studies even if I'm in a relationship with Aaron?"

Another hard slap.

"Your diploma wouldn't save your ass. It wouldn't change the fact that you're pregnant at a very young age. And what the fuck Fabian? You've been lying to me for two years? Both of you?"

I grabbed his hand and slapped down the pregnancy test to his palm. "Is that enough evidence for you that I am not pregnant? The test was a negative dad. Even if I knew I was still a fucking virgin I still took the test just to prove it to you. Cause when you gave me accusations that I didn't really do? I knew so well you didn't trust your daughter enough."

"Then what is the shit on Facebook?" my dad studied the object I gave him. Then a glimpse of guilt reflected his eyes as he asked his question.

"It was just a prank that our classmates posted when they were drunk. Sir, I'm sorry if I dated your daughter secretly. We had our reasons why. We were actually planning on confessing it tomorrow now that we have our diplomas. The diplomas were to make a point which is to prove that dating is not a hindrance to our studies. It is also a form of love that could inspire and motivate each other just like how a family's love does. And for two years I and your daughter never engaged or attempted to second base. No touching especially fucking cause I wanted to prove how much I respect your daughter."

"Is that so?" my father sighed and massaged his forehead gently. "Alright. I'm tired and I know both of you are feeling the same so lets rest and continue this tomorrow."

Earlier...

"Why the fuck would you post that kind of shit?" Sebs asked in anger to the other line on the phone.

"Relax man. It was just a prank." I heard a laugh from the other line.

"Oh, so you think this is funny? You have no idea what Fabian's dad is capable of doing the moment he finds this out."

"It's alright. Everybody knows it's a prank. We already posted another status and announced it was just a hoax. So chill man."

"Not all of your jokes and pranks will always be funny. It could also ruin something significant like someone's reputation or relationship."

********

After...

"Everything will be alright. Okay? I love you." he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. He talked so comforting and too calm. But as I lean to his chest as I sob, I could hear his heart pounding. I know he is also worried as I am. But for me to calm down he has to do the same first.

"I love you too," I whispered sincerely loud enough for him to hear. I pulled out of our hug and kissed his lips. "Goodbye." I hugged him one last time and finally went inside as he walks away to go home.

Every step I took felt heavy. I just want to stay in his arms that gave me warmth and assurance that everything will be okay. To convince me everything will stay the same.

I was currently walking upstairs and went to my room when suddenly dad rushed in. "Dad?"

"Give me your phone and laptop," he commanded but I didn't move in shock. So he tried to find and get it himself.

"What? Dad no! Why are you doing this? Am I grounded?"

He faced me. "I won't take any chances of you getting pregnant. So my decision is final. Since you already graduated I and your mom already agreed that we're going to New York first thing in the morning so pack your things and I don't want to hear any protests."

"I can't dad. I love him."

"Don't make me do this the hard way Fabian so stop being too hard headed." he threatened.

"Why are you too afraid for me to make the same mistake you did dad? I am not stupid for me to do that! Can't you just trust me at least?"

"I am worried and afraid to ruin your grand father's trust that I worked hard for to rebuilt it from the day I ruined it when I admitted I was the father when your mom got pregnant! I won't let history repeat itself." my dad stared at me seriously like every word he was about to say was meant to be emphasized. "You can't trust your actions when it comes in being in love Fabian. Cause everything feels so right even if it's wrong when you're with someone you love."

"But even if everyone disagreed to your love for mom you didn't give her up. And I'm doing the same dad."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Knock! Knock! Knock!