Chapter Nine: Rose Corsages

I opened the card.

This past few days, we gave men their own cards first. Why? For them to man up, to get ready to ask the girl they want to be their date!

I read mentally. I looked around and realized that all of the boys aren't holding any card. I looked back to the card and continued reading.

The school committee prepared something, to give this Prom Night a thrill. We prepared different colors of roses attached to a bracelet. Each color of a rose that is attached to every bracelet symbolizes something.

There was picture of a blue rose.

Blue symbolizes of asking a special girl to go with him for the special night!

Next was a pink one.

Pink symbolizes of asking a friend of yours who is a girl, to go with you to this awaited night! (Include siblings or cousins)

Lastly is a red one.

Red symbolizes romance. Asking out your girlfriend! Or the girl you want to be yours♡

P.S
If you want to go with your girl best friend in the red carpet, that's totally fine! Just go to our office and ask for your pink rose!

Good luck and see you there!

I laughed.

Yeah, I looked like a lunatic for laughing by my own. Yeah right, whatever. Symbol my ass. It's just a formal word for label.

Blue is a label for a fling or a one shot date. Pink is the label of just friends or they're not an item cause we're blood related. Red is a label for being an official couple. And that PS? It just means, if no boy asked you out? That's totally fine! You could just bring a girl with you. Well done school committee.

I shoved the card in my bag and went to classes. Well guess what? Aaron's still not around. Great. So I'm all alone again.

******

ZZZzzzZZzZzz...

*RINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!*

I sat up from my sit, startled by the bell. How long was I asleep?

"Okay class, that's all for today. You may take your break." Our science teacher announced as she walks out.

What? It's fucking break time?

I gathered all my things and exited the room. I walked my way in the hallways. I shoved my things in my locker and slammed it close.

I saw some girls are already wearing their rose bracelets. Others are starting to ask some girls this break time.

Some boys made banners 'WILL YOU BE MY DATE?' written on it, with matching balloons and chocolates. Well of course they had the red rose bracelets to give. While others are already an official item, so they don't have to put too much effort, just a few chocolates or balloons it's fine. Cause they are sure she would say yes with just an effortless question, because they are an item. She wouldn't answer any other boy, only his boyfriend. Pfft. Virus.