Chapter Sixteen: Graduation Day

Years of growing love.

Time flew too fast.

"WOOOOO HOOOOO!" Everyone proudly shouted as we raised our diplomas proudly after graduating from Senior High School.

It was held to our auditorium. This is also where our Prom took place two years ago. It was two years ago but the events are still vivid in my head.

I dismissed the bad memories and focused on new ones we are about to create. The place was filled with glee and congratulation from relatives. Others took pictures, others went off to celebrate somewhere.

"Congratulations my dear daughter." Dad congratulated me with a proud smile in his face as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me in the top of my head.

I hugged him back. "Thanks, dad." sadly mom wasn't there. She already flew to New York more than a year ago.

"I have to go to work now. Let's celebrate tomorrow. Okay?"

"Sure dad. I'll celebrate with my friends. I'll be home early." then dad waved goodbye.

I felt that familiar arm wrapped around my waist as he kissed my cheek "Hey, beautiful. Congratulations." he greeted and gave me a very small paper bag. It was smaller than my fist.

I smiled and accepted the gift. As I opened it, I found a small bottle with a little-rolled paper inside. It was a message in a bottle which was very cute. I opened the bottle and got the paper. I unrolled it to read what's written.

"Congratulations!" from your secret love;)

I gave him a peck on the lips and hugged him. After two years of growing young love, I always wanted to kiss or hug him to assure he is real. That all of these are real. This happiness I feel just by being with him. It felt too good to be genuine.
And I couldn't believe we survived two years of not being caught.

We weren't legal to my parents. I didn't allow him to introduce himself as my boyfriend to dad. Of course, he asked why cause I know he badly wants to be proud that I am his. He could do that but not with my parent. And that was the night we had our very first quarrel.

I already told him about me going to New York. I told him my family history. Oh yes, he was mad. Very mad. He even broke a glass. He couldn't accept I was leaving soon.

I tried to convince him that we shouldn't think about that now. Let's just enjoy what we have. And maybe I still have a chance to change my family's minds.

He even insisted on going with me. But I knew it wasn't a good idea. I don't want him to leave his father alone now that their relationship as father and son were growing. And they are not that rich to afford the expenses to be in New York. But I'm not saying that he is poor.

And we knew so well that the time could come anytime by now. The time I should leave. My family decided that I should study College in New York after I graduate from Senior High School.

And it's already been bothering me. Thinking about leaving made me feel my chest tighten and it was like something heavy was there that made it hard to breathe.

"Hey? You okay?" I was brought back to reality from my train of thoughts as Sebastian talked.

"Yeah, of course, I'm okay."

Others went to the bar to celebrate where music blasted and disco lights colored the dark. But we chose to date at a beer garden where popular bands performed on stage. A lot of incandescent light bulbs hanged in wires and lighted the place.

We ordered some beer and food. I come to think of it that this is something new. "This feels foreign. Drinking beer instead of eating ice cream." I chuckled lightly.

He grinned. "Oh come on were damn eighteen. We deserve this my love." instead of cringing of his endearment, it made my heart pound for seconds.

We didn't have any permanent endearment. Sometimes it was love, dear and he knew I cringed for endearments like babe so to tease me he called me that sometimes. But most of the time we still called each other Fabs and Sebs. Since everything started from there.

"Wait here, I'll just check out something." he stood up and left me alone to our table.

It took him like five minutes and he wasn't still back. Damn him. What was he checking out? Once I found out that it was a chick we are definitely over.

"Good evening everyone." someone from stage greet. "So I'm dedicating this song for my best friend who is, by the way, also my girlfriend for two years. " I looked up at the stage with my eyes widen as I recognized his voice.

Author's Note: Go play the video I'm Yours:)

I and Sebs didn't really focus on talents and stuff. We more on observe and analyze everything. Now that I come to think of it, he didn't really have a bad voice after all. And his voice was filled with passion and emotions. Emotions that were dedicated to me which made my heart happy.

"I love you Fabian." he gave me a genuine smile as he saw me smiled after his outstanding performance that the crowd also loved and applaud.

He walked back at me and gave me a kiss that I wholeheartedly accepted and kissed back. The whole night was filled with laughter and love being with him.

Suddenly my dad called.

"Hello? Dad?"

"Where are you young lady?" my dad asked too harshly.

"Why? Celebrating with my friends." I lied a bit nervous about his tone.

"Have you checked your Facebook? Explain that to me this instant! How can you explain that to all the people who have seen it, Fabian?" I was confused by what he was saying.

"What are you talking about dad? I don't understand."

"Who is the fucking father Fabian? Hm? Is it Aaron? How long have you been with him?"

"Dad. I don't understand anything you're saying!" I could help but shout cause he was asking questions too many questions. Accusations that I have no idea that I have done.

"Go home. We have to talk." then he ended the call.

"What happened?" Send asked worriedly.

"It was dad. Can you open your Facebook?"

Send opened his phone and logged in to Facebook. He scrolled down to his notifications and checked out what was trending.

"Shit." he cursed as he opened one status. I immediately grabbed his phone from him and read it.

Congratulations for your new baby! Fabian Mercado and Aaron Andrada:) You let your love grow after your two years in your relationship<3 invite me to your baby shower;)

Status by: Unknown Profile