Chapter Fifteen: A Love so Beautiful

"Hey, Oliver?"

"Yo. What's up Fabian?" He replied to the phone as he answered my call.

"Hi sorry to disturb you. But I have a problem here, it's a code I have never seen before that you might solve."

"Hmm. Send it to me and I'll try to see if I know something. Okay?"

"Sure. Thanks a lot."

"No prob." He finally said and ended the call. After that, I sent the code to his email and patiently waited for his reply. After a few minutes of waiting, he finally sent a reply.

Oliver: It's a book code Fabian. That explains why there is a book title at the end. Cause you're going to use that to solve the code. Now how to solve it? The very important number in the code is the first one cause it indicates the chapter you need. Now that you're in that chapter, count eight paragraphs down. Once you found that paragraph check out the first letter. Every number gives you a paragraph. Every paragraph gives you a letter to form a message the code wants you to decipher. And the slash? It informs you that the next number is another new chapter for you to flip. Do you get it?

02.08/08.04.21.02.03
/11.18/10.13.24/04.04

BOOK: I don't Fucking Care by NoName1113

I understood what he meant. I replied to him and said thanks for the very big help. I looked for the mentioned book and started to solve the code. I turned the pages to Chapter two and counted eight paragraphs down. Then I got a 'C'. Slash means new chapter so I flipped the pages to chapter eight and counted four paragraphs down again and I got an 'L'. I continued the process until I got the word.

CLASSROOM.

Classroom? Even if I was confused I still took the bus to go back to our school. Our nightmare flashed back to my mind. How we got beaten and suffered in a classroom. How we thankfully survived such a chaotic nightmare.

I immediately hopped off the bus as I reach my destination. I ran my way to the gates and through the empty hallways. There were no students cause its already pass the dismissal. And my surroundings started to be gloomy cause it was sunset. "Sebastian!" I shouted as I tried to search the place. I opened the door to our classroom almost breaking it out of panic.

*POP!*

I was startled by the confetti that suddenly popped that made me nervous cause I thought it was a gun for a second.

But nobody was there. My heart felt like it dropped for my realization. Everything feels so dark and dull. Where is everybody?

Who popped the confetti?

I couldn't solve where it came from. But I saw a colorful gift present that made it outstanding because of the dark surroundings.

Now what kind of game are you playing Gregory?

I slowly walked closer to the gift. I kneeled and my finger struggled as I untie the ribbon. My hands shaking, I still tried to open it.

*Arf! Arf! Arf!*

I was startled as the cute puppy barked at me. But it wasn't mad, it wants attention. "Now what a cute little creature is doing in a box?" I carried and lift it out of the box.

I noticed a rolled paper swinging to its collar. So I pulled it out to unfold it. As I slowly open the paper that could answer my questions nervously.

I read the short text written to it.

"Be mine?"

Fear turned into confusion. Two words hardly processed in my head.