Chapter 50

After Oru's visit, you just went straight to your bedroom and lied on your bed, staring at the ceiling with conflict running within your mind that you just can't seem to solve. While it may be true that you need to sleep, you just feel so complicated. You plan on quitting your hospital shifts as a caretaker tomorrow, but you don't have the heart to leave Miss Todoroki and Fukui without a proper goodbye just like that. But hell, you don't even have the courage to face your classmates (except for a few selections), much less your patients!

Maybe... just one last visit, and then resign. Would they consider it though? It is Thursday tomorrow, after all; so, they wouldn't expect your presence-- it's not supposed to be your shift. But perhaps they will allow it... Perhaps, they can consider it as a farewell gift to you. If not, then you'll attend as a visitor instead.

Smiling a bit at your resolution, you relaxed your body easy before closing your eyes.

But then you heard your phone's notification.

Reaching for your gadget, you read the message after you squinted at the brightness of your screen as soon as you checked it.

Kacchan: Hey, wanna hang out tom?

What..? This message is... so casual? It has no exclamation points? It's not in all caps? It doesn't even have a single curse word? And it's not formatted like a death threat? What the fuck? This can't be fucking Bakugou.

Then again, this was his first time texting you and you may be confusing your expectation to the actual reality of how he texts. But just to be sure...

Me: Who dis?

"Hah... Classic..." You snickered to yourself before getting a response.

Kacchan: Bitch, this is the number you called me with before, right?! You damn know who I am!

Ah, this is Katsuki.

Me: Oh haha sorry i thought you were someone else cuz you sounded polite earlier lmao

Kacchan: THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

Me: It means it's not normal for u to be polite

Kacchan: SAY THAT TO MY FUCKING FACE!!!

Me: Sure, want to vchat?

Kacchan: BITCH

Me: Yes, asshole?

Kacchan: I WILL FUCKING UPPERCUT YOU TO THE MOON, FUCKFACE

Me: And I'll barge into your house and replace all your shoelaces with cooked ramen noodles. have fun trying to tie fragile dough

Kacchan: WHAT THE FUCK

Me: Hahahah ok i had my fun

Kacchan: I WILL PERSONALLY KICK YOU TO THE GATES OF HEAVEN FOR THIS

Me: Aww, you just told me I deserve heaven. thanks :3

Kacchan: OH FUCK OFF WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

You were now chuckling, almost forgetting how fun it was to tease Bakugou only for him to spray you with insults. It was damn entertaining because no matter what you say, he just never takes it to heart and vice versa. It's like an unspoken rule between the two of you: that none of the insults you said to each other mean anything.