Chapter 38

This sums up my schedule for the past week perfectly

This sums up my schedule for the past week perfectly. And this was while during midterms exams~ And I have to keep drawing for the t-shirt and badge print-ups. Being busy sucks. Sorry for the delay! Plus, battle scenes aren't really my forte when it comes to writing ^^;;; I guess that's another factor for my late update.

~*~*~

          Walking down the entrance tunnel to meet your opponent on the stage, you immediately halted at the sound of your surname being called. Being familiar with the voice, you turned only for your (e/c) eyes meet crimson ones; an incidental eye contact was made.

"Oi! You better make it to the next round, or I won't be able to beat your ass!" Shaking your head, you resisted the urge to roll your eyes, before scoffing at the ash blonde.

"Don't worry; I'll try, Kacchan~" You teased with a small smirk, before turning your back to walk towards the stadium.

"What do you mean you'll try, asshat?! And don't fucking call me with that shitty nickname!" Lightly chuckling, you continued onward, not sparing Bakugou a glance.

That's when he confirmed something was up.

Usually, when he doesn't want you to do something, you do it as often as possible in front of his face to irk the living daylights out of him. You were a hyper bitch, as he'd call you back when the two of you were younger. But now? You're just too... subtle.

In fact, you've been ignoring Deku for a while now, and that the greenette looked sullen (but not that he's complaining). Something was definitely wrong-- enough for your positivity to be dulled by it. Knowing you, you often stayed optimistic-- he's known you long enough. And all those years, nothing seemed to have fazed your smile, including the time he used his quirk on you! And that's saying something.

And deep down, it worried him.

Scowling, he walked away, having a good guess of what might possibly be wrong. It may have been true that your smile wasn't fazed when he used his quirk on you, but he knew one situation that did.

Your voice cracking; your tears welling up in your eyes; your utter frustration-- how could he forget the day when it was your first time talking about your father?

~*~*~

"NOW FOR OUR FIRST MATCH UP FOR THE THIRD ROUND: TODOROKI SHOUTO VERSUS (L/N)(Y/N)!"

With Present Mic's announcement, your gaze fell over the heterochromatic boy with a determined look plastered on your face. At first, you didn't have the intention to win; mainly because you lost motivation. But then you realized, everyone-- Uraraka, Shinsou, Midoriya, and even Bakugou made it so far, and only a few of you got the opportunity to reach the position you're standing on. And Kendou... She sacrificed her chance for you, and you don't plan on letting her down either.