Chapter Eight

Flashback continued.

Slenderman's POV.

The rocks continued to rain down harder and bigger. I knew that my chances of seeing my daughter Emily was slowly fading away as the rocks kept raining down. I kept preparing myself for the worst. Dodging rocks and fire we made it to the lake. Nobody was seen but they could have survived and are sheltering somewhere. There was fire consuming the land around the lake but it hasn't consumed it all. There might be a chance.

"EMILY!" I shouted out. My brothers also splitting up and calling out for my daughter.

"Emily!" I called again desperately.

"Dad." Called a weak Emily. She was sitting down, leaning against a tree. What shocked me was she was bleeding all over from her wounds.

"Brothers I found her!" I called out to them as I scooped her up in my arms.

"Oh Em, what happened to you. I thought I'd never see you again " I said shocked and relieved to see her. My brothers returned to see me holding Emily.

"Dad. What's happening. There was rocks falling from the sky and one hit a tree and the tree fell on me." She said as she started crying heavily.

"Where did everyone go?" I said.

"They all ran Daddy. Grace was the only one who stayed with me and helped me out under the tree. She said that she was going to go get help and she never came back." She said as she continued to cry.

"Simon, I found Grace dead." Offenderman whispered into my ear. I nodded.

Why would anyone leave children behind in a crisis like this? This just made me furious. Now Grace is dead and my daughter is bleeding out. The rocks had stopped falling which was a relief.

"We need to find something to treat Emily's wounds now." I stated.

" ahh, is it me or is there a really large rock coming towards us." Said Splendor. Looking up, there was a large rock far up in the sky. It was at least 100 times as large as the others.

It's not over.

"What are we going to do?" Said Trender shocked.

"We run. We Slenderwalk in the opposite direction of where it's going to crash and hope that we get far enough away from it." I said while I held a frightened Emily.

"Daddy I'm cold." She said as she started to go into shock.

"Emily we are going somewhere safe. Please do not close your eyes, stay awake for as long as you can." I demanded.

I was not going to loose her like her mother. We were Slenerwalking for about five minutes now. We looked back to see that the rock had nearly made it. We were now on top of a ridge running further away from the asteroid.

"It's going to hit the ground at any second now." Said Splendor.

"Brothers in here!" Yelled Offenderman who was ahead of all of us. He climbed into a cave, signaling for us to follow him.

One after the other we filed into the cave. Just as I made it in I could hear the ear peircing explosion followed by a loud roar of a rumble that shook the earth. We made it as far into the back of the narrow cave as we could. We sat down in the pitch dark while the chaos continued outside.

"Emily." I said to my daughter who was still in my arms.

"Em, Em, Emily." I said while shaking her a little. Putting my ear against her chest I couldn't hear her breathing. I couldn't hear her heart beating either.