Chapter Twenty

Slenderman's POV.

"Weren't you listening from the other room? I was the one that killed your mother!" I said.

Emily's face froze as she closed her hand and extinguished the flame.

"No you didn't." Said Emily looking at me saddened.

"I killed her." She added.

"No you didn't. I could have said no and your mother would be still alive." I said.

"Zalgo knew that you would have said yes. He knew that Mum would die and he knew that you would have went away with him to defeat the rebellion just like uncle Trendy said. Zalgo would have had it all planned out." Said Emily who was still sitting in her Slender form.

"Emily. If you don't mind me asking, what form do you feel the most comfortable in?" I asked changing the subject for a bit.

"I'd say my Slender form. It's cool because I have a lot more features like tendrils, teleportation, tallness, etc. And it makes my wolf and human form boring. I only rarely shifted into this form when I was angry or defended the pack from rogues. I didn't really fit in because of my Slender form because other pups were scared of me, because I was the daughter of the 'scary monster Slenderman'." She said emphasizing the 'scary monster Slenderman' like it was a little kid saying it.

We laughed a bit before sitting there in silence for a while.

"I'll milk out whatever IOU's out of Zalgo and then I promise I will have nothing to do with him." I said looking down at the swirling abyss below us.

"Pinky promise?" She said as she held her pinky finger out to me.

What does this gesture even mean?

I looked at her confused before holding her pinky with my hand and shook it like a hand shake.

"Noooo Dad," Laughed Emily.

She just called me Dad.

"I saw two female humans do it back at the school. It must mean a pact of some sorts." Said Emily. She kept her pinky extended out and I followed her instructions of this strange pact.

I couldn't have her going to a human school and by herself especially. It goes against every rule I believe in. A few minutes of silence went by as Emily was in deep thought. Emily broke the silence.

"Slenderman." Said Emily sternly.

"Yes."

"For 15 years I had been in that tribe, and I never even saw a glimpse of the outside world, actually I didn't really know that there was so much out there then I had ever imagined. You had shown me more than I would have ever seen all in one day and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate this so much." Said Emily as thankfully as she could.

"It is really the least that I could do for you." I smiled at her even though she couldn't see it.

"There is one more thing," she said.

"I want to give you the privilege to call me your daughter, if only I can get the privilege to call you my father." She said with a smile.

I silently choked.

"O-of course!" I said with happiness punching me in the face.

She laughed at my unexpected outburst as I did the one thing that I had always wanted to do.

I hugged her.

I held her in a tight embrace as she returned it back. I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't help to spill a couple of tears. Finally. Emily is my daughter. Officially my daughter. The most important thing in my life I can know hold on to and protect with my immortal soul. For as long as I am her father I swear that I will do whatever in my power to protect her.