Chapter Seventeen

Naomi's POV.

I was half awake and I could sense that it was morning. Arms were wrapped around me, the birds were chirping, Kai was snoring but there was something off.

Something was watching us.

Lifting my head off of the pillow, I looked towards the end of my bed to see Slenderman towering over the bed.

What the fuck?

I had to blink a few times.

"Ahhh, hello?" I said creeped out.

"Hello." He said back. Not feeling the creepy vibes that I was getting.

I started nudging Kai to wake him but all he did was groan before rolling out and going back to sleep.

Useless boyfriend.

"Ahh, how may I help you?" I asked.

"You wanted to talk about something." He said.

"Not exactly right now Slenderman. I haven't even had breakfast or brushed my teeth yet. You didn't even knocked." I said.

"You were asleep. You wouldn't of heard me knocking." He said.

"That's why you for one, don't enter without a reply. And two, if you break number one, don't stand there and watch me sleep until I awaken." I said rubbing my eyes.

"I didn't stand there until you awaken. I was there at the times of 1am, 3am, 5am and 7am which is now." He said.

Okay so so creepy.

"Just come back in another hour or so." I said.

"Okay." He said before disappearing.

I looked over at Kai who was still snoring away. A flash of frustration waved over me as I elbowed him hard.

"Ahhhh, what?" He said half annoyed, half awake as he rolled over facing me.

I looked at him with a 'are you serious!?' Face. I just slapped my hands down on the mattress either side of me.

"Never mind." I said.

He just rolled back over and started snoring again.

Useless boyfriend.

It was breakfast. What happened with Slenderman this morning I just brushed it off. Where ever he was for all these years he probably didn't know what civilized means. Kai, Emily and I were all at the table when a knock sounded at the door.

"I'll get it." Said Kai. A moment later and Kai opened the door.

"Slenderman. Come in." Said Kai.

I could see Emily freeze mid chew and stare at nothing as her father walked into the room.

"Naomi! What the hell!" Said Emily through the mindlink.

"Be polite." I said back through the mindlink.

Kai gestured him to sit down across from Emily. Emily wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Kai went into the kitchen to get Slenderman a plate.

"Hey Emily." Said Slenderman.

"Hi." Mumbled Emily under her breath.

Breakfast went on a little bit more before I decided to address the elephant in the room.

"So Kai and I have been thinking that it would be good if you could spend the day with Slenderman." I said to Emily.

She seemed to stiffen more as she starred at her plate of food that she didn't even touch ever since Slenderman arrived. I shouldn't be doing this. I'm practically making the decision for her. It should be her choice.