Time together

*Alex's POV*

I sat in the restaurant, tapping my foot nervously, waiting for Georgie to arrive. Butterflies tumbled around in my stomach, leaving me feeling anxiously sick.

Suddenly, the doors burst open as she walked in like a red carpet entrance. God, did she look beautiful. She took my breath away. I couldn't stop myself as I traced her gorgeous figure in the breathtaking, tight, red dress she wore. Her shiny light brown hair hung down her back and I was attracted to her eyes like a moth drawn towards the light. As she strutted over I couldn't take my eyes off of her - every muscle in my body contracted. As I stood up and pulled out her chair for her, she leaned in. Her soft lips caressed my cheek causing me to blush uncontrollably.

"Nice to see you again, Alex." Her delicate voice made me dreamy and weaken at the knees. "You too!" I blurted out goofily. "You look stunning." She blushed a little and became shy which just turned me on even more. Sitting opposite each other on the table, she spoke. I don't remember what she said. Admittedly, I wasn't paying any attention as I was lost in her beautiful dark charming eyes. After a while, one of the waiters walked briskly over to our table. Lighting a candle, he placed it down between us before taking our order. Georgie smiled sweetly causing me to die a little more inside. I love her perfect imperfections like her adorable dimples when she is beaming. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "This is perfect." She whispered leaning across the table towards me.

I don't know what came over us but I leaned in too. Our faces were so close I could smell the sweet ropy fragrance of the wine she had been drinking. Instantly, her lips smacked onto mine as she traced her tongue across my bottom lip. She pulled away to take a breath. Grabbing the lapels on my shirt and drifting her hands down my chest, her lips reconnected with mine. But this time more intensely. My heart was racing in excitement, bursting out of its cage, as her tongue swirled around. I wanted the kiss to last for eternity.

Out the corner of my eye, I spotted a smartly dressed man approach us. He held a shiny silver tray in his right hand and a white napkin in the other. "Sorry...um.. Sir." He stuttered in embarrassment. I immediately pulled away from our embrace, noticing the disappointment on Georgie's face. Looking very awkward and uncomfortable, the waiter placed our food down in front of us and topped up our wine glasses. Silence fell between us as we both indulged in the delicious scran. Catching eye contact with Georgie during our meal, we couldn't stop grinning at each other. No words were needed.

*Georgie's POV*

I didn't think he was capable of this - Alex has stolen my heart. The moment I walked in I noticed how handsome he looked. He really made an effort in a smart pale blue waistcoat and stripy bow tie. He smelt amazing too. As I sat down I was immediately choked by his strong aftershave but it showed he was trying to make a good impression. He looked far more charming in civvies compared to when his serious in uniform.

I just wanted to snog his face off.

Well.. I did.

After our meal at the restaurant, we decided to take a stroll across the beach. I felt his manly but tender hand grab mine, as he interlocked his fingers. He made me feel so content and safe as we strolled across the sand. Walking across the beach front, we listened to the waves crashing against the rocks. Eventually, we came to a halt. Sitting down on the sand together, we looked up into the sky to watch the sunset. We watched with an unwavering gaze, as the fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon. In turn it shone its amber limbs down towards us, dyeing the heavens a pomegranate pink with streaks of chalky mauve; casting a warm glow down on us. Eventually all of the colour faded as the sun vanished behind the sea, giving way to a cool night breeze. It couldn't get anymore romantic.

Alex turned to me and whispered softly. "You're beautiful." Taking my face gently in his palms, he picked up from where we left off. He pulled me closer until our lips interlocked. At first the kiss was small but it grew more and more passionate, as our hands began to explore each other.

His stubble grazed my chin as my hands began to wander. Feeling his firm rippling muscles bursting through his tight shirt I squeezed his biceps gently. As we embraced together under the dark open air, the stars shone brightly over us. I couldn't help myself from thinking that Elvis was up there watching down on me; he would be delighted to see how happy I am right now.

*Alex's POV*

The night was incredible. She made me feel so complete, more than I have ever felt before. After a lovely picturesque and romantic time at the beach, we decided to go back to my house. I knew that Jane was looking after my sons, so we had the place to ourselves. Georgie snuggled into me as we sat on the sofa, laughing at some comedy programme. "You don't mind that I have two sons do you?" I asked her wearily as I really did see a future with her, but my boys meant everything to me. She smiled angelically. "I don't mind at all." Then she paused. I held my breath for a moment, thinking she would change her mind. "As long as your wife doesn't kill me." She chuckled, as I resisted the urge to kiss her. "Wait.." she began again. "What is happening with you and your wife?" Looking intensely into her eyes, I asked her what she meant by that. She wanted to know if me and my wife were getting a divorce - Of course we were. "We are just waiting for the confirmation to come through." I told her, putting her at ease.

We spoke for a little longer before she drifted off to sleep in my arms. She slept so peacefully, making her look even more endearing. Feeling like the luckiest man alive, I lifted her delicately into a fireman's lift and carried her upstairs to my bed.