Chapter 8.

It was my first official day of being a teacher, and I was feeling so nervous.

All night I tossed, and turned thinking about it. It was now 7am, I prayed, got up and did my usual morning routine before heading downstairs for breakfast.

I kept my outfit cute but classy. I wore a dark blue silk blouse, tucked into my grey knee length pencil skirt. I wore black heels, and tied my braids up into a bun.

It was a week day morning, so the family had already left for work. I was the last to leave, I saw a note next to a morning muffin, with a cup of tea which read:

"Good morning Mils, good luck on your first official day as a teacher. You've got this, love Mum, Dad and Isla".

I checked my phone just before I left the house, and saw I had  a bunch of good luck texts from my best friends, family  members and uni friends too

I checked my phone just before I left the house, and saw I had a bunch of good luck texts from my best friends, family members and uni friends too. My heart was so over joyed with all the love, I felt so blessed.

Just as I was about to turn my phone off, it started to ring, it was Daniel. I got instant butterflies, "good morning Ms. Ansong", he said as I answered the phone.

His voice sounded so deep and raspy, I could not help but to blush.

"Good morning Mr...." I did not know his last name yet, so I just giggled.

"I do not want to keep you, as I know you have to get to the school. But I didn't want to text you a good luck message, I thought it would be cuter to call" he said, laughing.

As he continued to speak to me I quickly gathered all my belongings, I placed the muffin in my mouth, and poured the tea into a flask before briskly walking to the door.

I balanced my phone on my ear, whilst balancing my bag on my wrist and folders under my arm. I just about managed to get my keys out my pocket with my free hand to lock the door.

I took my car keys out my pocket, and as I unlocked my car and looked up, I saw Daniel parked outside my house. He was standing outside his car, holding a single rose, looking pretty chuffed with himself.

Still holding the phone to his ear, and smiling at me, he said "hi" then ended the call.

He had the cutest smile on his face, and I felt myself going weak at the fact that somebody would go out of their way for me like this.

I opened my car door. Placing the flask in the cup holder before throwing my bag, jacket and folders into the car. I placed my muffin on the seat and then walked over to him.

I accepted the rose, and he pulled me in for a long warm embrace followed by a soft kiss on the cheek.

"I know you are going to be an amazing teacher. I wish I could go to work with you today, to be your cheerleader and see you teach. But, I can't wait for you to tell me all about it later" he said smirking.