Lasting

"So, Moony, you'll never guess what happened," Sirius said, barging into Remus' bedroom a week after the party. Remus jumped at the sound of his boyfriend's voice and spun to face him, a slightly annoyed look on his face.

"Jesus Pads. You can't just barge into peoples' rooms. I could've been naked!" Sirius laughed.

"You act as though that would've deterred me," he said, a smug look on his face. Remus glared and threw a pillow at him.

"All right then. What's your big news?" At this, Sirius face lit up and he ran over to Remus, shaking him excitedly.

"Oh, Moony, I'm so glad you asked." Remus rolled his eyes. "Can you give me a drum roll?"

"No." Sirius huffed and Remus gave him an amused look. "Just tell me your news Sirius."

"I got a job." Seeing the ecstatic look on Sirius' face. Remus couldn't help himself. His face broke into a huge grin and he grabbed Sirius, pulling him close and kissing him.

"That's amazing Pads," Remus whispered in between kisses. "I'm so proud of you." Sirius moaned into the kiss before reluctantly pulling away from Remus.

"Thanks Rem," Sirius said sheepishly. "When I told James that I got a job he couldn't stop laughing." Remus frowned.

"Wasn't he happy for you?"

"He was...He said he just couldn't get over what I was doing."

"Why, what are you doing?" Remus asked, a nervous look beginning to take over his features. The boy didn't answer right away and Remus got even more nervous. "Oh god, please tell me you didn't...like...sell your soul to the devil?" Sirius shook his head.

"Actually, I got a job at a cupcake bakery." Perhaps it was the fact that Sirius had said this with a completely straight face. Or maybe it was the fact that Sirius had always been awful in the kitchen. Whatever the reason, though, Remus couldn't help himself; he burst out laughing, quickly throwing his hand over his mouth when he saw the other boy's face fall.

"I don't get what's so funny about it," Sirius mumbled, eyes glued to the floor. Remus forced himself to stop laughing. "I thought it would be fun." Remus grabbed both of Sirius' hands, forcing the boy to look up and meet his eyes.

"I'm sure it will be fun. It's just...well...you don't know how to bake, Sirius."

"That's why I bought a cookbook at the store. And besides, I figured you could help me."

"Why me?"

"Well for starters, you love baking. Plus you're good at it. And, since you want to be a teacher, I figured it would be a perfect opportunity for you to practice," he said, as though it were obvious. "And besides, since I don't really like sweets, you would get to be the taste tester."

"And what happens when a customer asks you what you like?" Remus asked, eyebrows raised.

"I'll just tell them what my handsome and intelligent boyfriend enjoys," Sirius responded, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Not that this doesn't all sound like a good plan but...How did you even get the job if you can't bake?" Sirius let out a dramatic sigh.

"If you must know, I'm actually quite good at decorating all the cupcakes," Sirius said proudly. "You know, like they do on all those shows where they need to make pretty desserts."

"Well I'm glad you found something that you're excited about."

"Yup," Sirius said, getting up and taking Remus' hand. He began to tug on his arm, trying to get him to follow him. "Come on Moony," he whined, still tugging on the boy. "We need to start practicing."