Chapter 12: Anatomy of Murder

"Betty Cooper," called a nurse out in black scrubs. Betty and Jughead got up to follow the woman into a room. "Go get them, tiger," said Veronica to Jughead as he was about to turn the corner of the waiting room. "Veronica, I'm going to see if I'm having a kid, not a job interview." As perusal, Jughead Jones always had a dash of his sarcastic sense of humor. Once Betty and Jughead left, Veronica looked around the room at all the posters of pregnancy and a woman's body. She shook her head and went back to looking in her Instagram feed or either texting Archie.

"So, Ms. Cooper and Mr. Jones, what have brought you here today? Well, yesterday afternoon, I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Okay! That looks like no problem." The nurse then went into a cabinet in the room to take out a gown. "Can you please go into the bathroom, that right there, and change so we can look at your area to see if you are expecting a baby." As Betty was getting her things to go to the bathroom, the nurse had 1 more question to ask, "Oh, mam? How old are you and you and your possible father to be?" Betty and Jughead looked at each other in confusion. "We're 16," replied Jughead. In half of Betty's mind, she was relieved and in another half worried. 

"Um, mam?' asked Jughead to the nurse. "Are you going to take down notes that the baby has parents that's a Southside Serpent for a dad and a daughter to a serial killer as a mom. No sir, I'm writing down notes on what yall both said." Jughead went back to digging his nails and waiting for Betty to come out.

"Okay guys, let's get started!" As the nurse was doing her work with Betty, Betty and Jughead mouthed each other. "Why would you do that Jughead? I heard you in the bathroom. I just had to Betty, you know how people in this town are. Whatever, Jughead. You had me at you know how people in this town are." A couple minutes, the nurse came up from Betty with news, "Okay, Ms. Cooper and Mr. Jones, congratulations on behalf of the Riverdale Clinic! You are expecting a child." Betty and Jughead said Thank you, but in their minds, they were shocked, confused and scared. Betty realized that at this point she knew the town was going to think her family was crazy because she had a dad that was in prison and a serial killer, a sister in a cult at the age of 17 with her twin baby's named Juniper and Dagwood and her mom that had mental breakdowns in public because of her dad and now there newest addition, there youngest pregnant with a Southside Serpents baby! "I'm going to go get the ultrasound and once we're done with that yall can be on your way! I'll be right back. I can't believe this Jughead, I'm, I'm- pregnant? Was that the word you were looking for? Yes, I'm shocked to Betty, but now that we're going to have a child, we need to work harder than ever. Your right Jughead. Your right. Hey, text Archie and Veronica so we can meet them at Pop's to tell them. On it, mom. JUG! Okay, I'll stop till our baby gets here. 

The nurse came back into the room with the ultrasound machine, ready in stereo. "Okay, Ms. Cooper, can you please lift up your shirt so I can put the gel on there? The gel will be a little cold, so. Don't you hear that in the movies?" added Jughead. Everyone laughed but not when they saw the baby. "And that Ms. Cooper and Mr. Jones is your baby." Betty and Jughead were in shock. Complete shock. That was their kid. And they were perfect. It had Betty's eyes, Jughead's nose and everything else was all Betty. Betty was in complete shock cause to her it was like looking at herself but more tinier and she loved every single second of it. then JUghead was in love with his baby already cause it was perfect and it looked like Betty and did Jughead love him some Betty and now his mini Betty. "Do you guys want to hear the heartbeat? Yes, yes we do." Then the heartbeat was live and loud. That's when Betty and Jughead started shedding a tear or two. Yeah, they were very young and in love but they couldn't help it. That was THEIR kid's heartbeat, not Veronica's and Archie and not Cheryl's and Toni's, THEIR HEARTBEAT from THEIR KID. "Um, excuse me? What's your name?' asked Betty. "Elizabeth. Elizabeth, can we please get some ultrasound pics? Oh yes, we can." Once Elizabeth left the room, Betty and Jughead looked at each other with there eyes watery. "Juggy, that's our kid on that screen, OUR KID!! Yes, Betts, it is, and I love them with all of my heart. *touches Betty's belly very softly* I love you Forsythe Pendleton Jones the lll. And I love you, Elizabeth Cooper. ANd then the two kissed.  In their opinions, at this very moment, this was the best day of there whole life.

Claps was the only thing booming in the RIverdale High Gym. Toni had just done her audition for the Vixens and they all loved it. It had a bunch of turns, moves and more than the Vixens have to do for there routines. "I don't think there's any way you ragamuffins are going to be able to pull that off," she began. "Inner Vixens, please come to me, you know who you are, Outer Vixens, bye bye." Veronica, Betty, Josie, Toni, and Cheryl were in a little circle in the middle of the gym. "Since my babe has done an awesome job joining the River Vixens, I call a mandatory slumber party." everyone shook their heads in agreement, except Betty. Betty, Jughead, Veronica, and Archie was the only 4 people that knew about Bughead's baby. Until now. "Hey Cheryl, can I talk to you on the bleachers for a second?" Cheryl rolled her eyes and said, "Yes Betty, you can."

"What's up cousin?" began Cheryl. Betty was nervous as hell. More nervous than to take the pregnancy test, tell Veronica and Archie and to go to the clinic all combined. She was telling the Cheryl Blossom, the most popular girl in school and the queen bee of Riverdale. "Uh, Cher. I'm pregnant." finally said, Betty. Once she said it her whole body was flushed with negative vibes and refiled with positive vibes, well for 30 seconds. "Betty Cooper, your pregnant? Who's is it? Oh I already know, Jughead Jones. No, it is not Cheryl! Yes, it is Betty Cooper, I can't believe it. Not because it's Jugheads cause you used to talk about Jughead ALL the damn time when we were kids. I'm surprised cause you're the girl next door. Girl's next door never get pregnant, especially with a Serpents baby." Betty let that sink in too her. Yeah, she was pregnant with a Serpents baby. But it was a Serpent named Jughead Jones that was the most sweetest Serpent ever (next to Toni, of course). "You know what Cheryl, yeah. I'm pregnant with a Serpent's baby. And I'm so glad and even blessed. So thanks for the compliment Cheryl, even to yourself because aren't you dating a South Side Serpent? ELIZABETH COOPER, LEAVE MY GIRLFRIEND THE HELL OUT OF THIS. Okay Cheryl, but just so you know, I leave your 'TT' out of this if you leave my "Juggy" out of this." Betty then walked away into the Vixen locker room. Cheryl felt mad and sad at herself. She let herself get the best of her and then on top let her girlfriend get in the way. "What have you done Cheryl."