Chapter 18: When a Stanger Calls

"Are you ready Cheryl?" said Toni to Cheryl as she held a pregnancy test in her hand. "It's been a week and if I am, pregnant with Nick's baby, I'm going to take care of it cause it also's mine, obviously, and love it." Toni shook her head too and pulled Cheryl's ginger hair back, "Cheryl, we've been wanting this for a year and yeah, it's not the way anyone would want to have the kid, but if you are, this is our baby Cheryl. And I'm loving it just like you." Cheryl and Toni went in for a kiss and then Cheryl went into the bathroom while Toni waited on the edge of their bed.

"Veronica Lodge-Andrews?" said a lady in blue and white scrubs in the RIverdale Clinic. "Here!" yelled Veronica. "Archie, come on! It's time." Archie put a smile on his face while he and Veronica walked to a room in the clinic. "So Mrs. Andrews, why are you here today? I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. So me and my husband, Archie, actually live in New York but since we just took it yesterday we wanted to come to the nearest clinic as soon as soon as possible. Okay, that sounds good, I need to go get an ultrasound machine to make sure you are pregnant so I'll be right back." Veronica and Archie looked at each other in happiness."What do you think Ron, we could be having a kid!" Veronica looked upset, and not like usual. "Ronnie, are you okay? I- I'm okay Archikins," said Veronica as she wiped away a tear from her olive skin. "Is it because of Dalia and Spence?" Veronica shook her head in agreement. When Veronica was 17, she had got, raped, by Nick St. Clair and it took a toll on her. Like a bad toll. She didn't go Pops with Betty or Archie, just stayed in the bed and cried her sorrows away since she had to abort her baby girl, Dalia Jacklyn Lodge. And then when Veronica and Archie first got married, they deiced to have a kid. They then got pregnant with Spence Bradyen Andrews but then at 20 weeks, they had a miscarriage and it was so bad for Archie and Veronica that, no one can describe except for one word, Why? "Veronica, I have a question. Do you want to visit their graves? Dalia and Spence. Yeah, if I am pregnant, they should know they'll be having new siblings that won't die still in their mom's tummy still. Veronica, babe, don't think like that. Just remember, we all love you. Me, Dalila, Spence, the baby, Betty, Jughead, Evelyn, Charles, both of our parents and even more people." Veronica shook her head and said, "Thanks Archikins for the talk. No prob Ron. Just what husbands do. Oh? Is that so? So do wives do this?" Veronica went towards Archie for a long, romantic kiss until the nurse came in to interrupt them. "Sorry for interrupting your, moment, but it's time to see if yall are having a kid!"

"Cher? What does it say?" said Toi as she knocked on the bathroom door. It had been 15 minutes since Cheryl took the pregnancy test. Toni grabbed the black door handle and opened it to see Cheryl standing up, looking at the pregnancy test in shock. "Cher? What does it say?" Cheryl started crying and sat on the floor while bawling." T-Toni, it says positive. Toni, I'm pregnant." Toni's face had a look of confusion. "Cheryl, a-are you s-s-sure?" Cheryl shook her head yes. Cheryl stared to break down crying and went onto the wood floor. Toni went and put her hand on Cheryl's stomach. "Cheryl Marjorie Blossom, I love you and this baby. If you think I'm mad at you for getting raped and having a rapists baby, I'm not. We're finally having a baby Cheryl and the babe is going to have the best parents ever. I've loved you and this baby ever since those letters got out. And Cheryl, if you think about it, you are Betty, Jughead, Archie, Veronica, I and you's guardian angel. Those letters you wrote and sent out, that lead to Betty and Jughead being together, getting married, and having little Evelyn, Archie and Veronica being together and getting married and most importantly, us. Cheryl, those words I said about you the night of the party, I shouldn't have said because what I said at 17 years old and right now are truer than words ever spoken, you're not loveless, you're not deviant, you're sensational. Cheryl, I love you with my love unconditionally. Antoniette, when I was 17 years old, my life wasn't the greatest I should say. Both my father and twin brother were dead, my mom was a proustite and all she cared about was money and herself and I had no one in my life that cared about me at all. Yeah, I guess you would say Josie and Nana Rose cared but Josie was too self-centered most of the time and Nana Rose was ready to be in the grave at 90 something years old. I thought suicide would be the answer, especially at the Sweetwater River where it had all started, but it wasn't. I then met you, Toni. That night at Thistlehouse changed my life forever.  I learned that someone actually cared about me. And it was you. Antoniette, I love you." Cheryl and Toni then held each other's hands and then went in for a kiss, a sensational kiss.