Chapter 6: Day 2

~Lucy's P.O.V.~

It's only the second day that I've been back home with my family, but I already want to leave. It's all because I can't stand my querulous cousins that keep asking me questions about Natsu, which they still won't tell me how they know him.

It's very annoying that he knows something that I don't know. I'm getting very frustrated being here.

Yesterday was a very strange, obnoxious and a tiresome day. It was tiresome because I had to spend the entire day with my brothers, even though I don't mind Laxus since he hangs out with me during lunch.

My brother Sting was even more annoying yesterday because I was smiling at my phone. Especially my parents were asking why I was smiling.

They were more than happy to tease me about it, since it was the first time that I smiled at all. They haven't seen me smile since that incident happened a few years back.

The only person that actually knew why I was even smiling was Sting, since he's the one that gave me Natsu's number.

He still hasn't told me how he knows Natsu and his number. I know that Sting is a police officer and that he can find out everything that I ask him to, but how did he know that I met Natsu.

Nobody even knows about Natsu especially my friends. I feel like they are probably gonna tease me about it because I like someone and because it's the first time that I actually looked at someone other than a books.

The person that I should be the most careful around is MIra, since she's the matchmaker and the she-devil. No one would be able to stoop her if I tell her that I like someone.

I would rather keep the whole Natsu thing a secret. Don't get me wrong I do want to tell them, but I don't want them to tease me about it.

I also don't know Natsu well enough to be able to tell them about him whenever they start asking questions.

I just want to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible. Which means being out of their sight of fire.

I'm currently in my room reading the new book that I just bought. I'm already on chapter 8, which is where the two protagonist are starting to realize that they're falling for each other.

Which is always the best part of the story when they realize that they like the boy/girl. Once they do they sometimes start to act awkward towards each other. It's like they don't know how to behave in front of each other without being too obvious that they like each other. But what they don't know is that by acting that way they are still being obvious to other people.

I'm almost done with the chapter and I can't help, but fangirl. Out of nowhere I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say and Speto-san opens the door and comes into my room. She walks up to my bed and she says.

"Lunch is ready."

"Thanks Speto-san. I'll be down in a bit." I say while she nods and leaves my room.

I bookmark my book before I put it on the table and grab my phone. I start making my way downstairs when I receive a message from Natsu.

N: Hey Luce.

L: Hey Natsu

N: How has it been going with your family if I may ask.

L: It could be better

I say once I reach the end of the steps. I make my way towards the dining room where my family is already there. I walk into the dining room right when my phone dings and everyone looks at me. I look down at my phone to see what Natsu messaged me.