Chapter 17: Why?

~Normal P.O.V.~

"It's not what you think." said Lucy.

"I can't believe it." stated Natsu.

"There's nothing between me and that stranger." mentioned Lucy.

"I was a fool...to think you would never screw around. I was a fool...to think that you actually liked me. And I should've known better that...in the end... you'd screw someone else. Let's break up, Lucy." said Natsu in a state of shock.

"No, Natsu. I won't break up with you. Please don't do this. I don't want to break up." pleaded Lucy with all her heart.

"How do you think I feel? When I have to get jealous all the time because you're so beautiful. And I don't want to play games anymore. I've had enough." stated Natsu before leaving.

"Natsu!" says Lucy about to go after him when Lisanna stop her.

"He's still furious. Let's wait until both of you calm down." said Lisanna.

"Calm down? You're telling me to calm down? After Natsu has just broken up with me? What do you know? Tell me everything."

"All I know is...is that Natsu took the elevator straight towards this room. He just kept looking at his phone. It seemed like he was looking at a text from an unknown number. Which said to meet at this place to see what his precious Lucy was doing." said Lisanna.

At that moment Lucy left the room very sad and angry. After she left Lisanna was very happy that her plan worked.

"Good job. Here's the money for your work." Lisanna said while giving him $40.

"What? But my acting was worth a lot more."

"No, just be happy I gave you anything. I know you need the money, but this is ridiculous. I'll see you later." said Lisanna. "Step 2: Get them to break up for good. Accomplished."

--------------------------------------------------

Lucy followed Natsu and just wait for the right location before saying.

"I don't want to break up, Natsu. I'll never do it." said Lucy.

"But I will." stated Natsu about to walk away.

"Natsu." Lucy stopped him with a back hug." I didn't sleep with that guy. Please believe me."

"Do you think I'm an idiot?" asked Natsu.

"But you know, don't you? That Lisanna was the one who messaged you. So how could you believe her?"

"Do you want me to lose my goddamn mind? I can't do this anymore. Since day one I've been debating whether or not you really liked me, but now I have a clear answer. I never expected things to turn out this way."

"But I haven't done anything. I want to be with you Natsu." said a crying Lucy.

"That's why I can't take it anymore. I'm a man. Do you think I want to be like this? Getting jealous constantly. I'm fed up. I was just about to forgive you, but this just crossed the line. And if we have to break up some day...isn't it better to do it now? Before we get in deeper. Before I lose myself and before it becomes more painful then it already is. So please let me go."