Chapter 25: Parents

~Natsu's P.O.V.~

It's time for Lucy to meet someone that's so important to me. She has already met my little sister, but now she needs to meet my parents.

I know that meeting the parents is a huge step, but since I already met Lucy's parents I know that she wants to deepen our relationship, which I do to.

Lucy is the first girl that I've ever considered introducing to my parents. Everything that we've been through the passed few months I know that Lucy is the one for me. Every other girl out there can't compare to Lucy. She's everything to me more than any other woman has ever been to me before.

-----------A few hours prior to meeting the parents-----------

"With Lucy I could see myself spending the rest of my life with unlike the girls that you set me up with mom."

"But she's still in High School."

"You didn't think to care about that when you set me up with Lisanna one bit."

"Because she comes from a great family."

"No that wasn't it. You wanted me to have someone who would stay at home and do all the house work. Lisanna isn't that kind of woman and she was the craziest one out of all the girls you introduced me to. Lucy is someone that is independent, intelligent, considerate, kind, and real. More real than any other woman I've ever met," I paused for a second before continuing, "Lucy cares more about her family and friends than herself. Her family has taught her to be independent instead of relying on someone else for the rest of your life."

"Then she's probably someone that cares way too much about dreams that won't come true."

"She does care about dreams, but her dream is taking over her family business."

"What's her family business?"

"Heartfilia Co."

"Wait so you're telling me that Lucy is the heir to the Heartfilia corporation and she doesn't care about taking on such a big company by herself."

"No because she knows that she can accomplish great things once she gets her business degree. She doesn't care anybody says about her being a girl and going into business. Lucy just wants to keep her family business going with or without anybody else's help."

"What about the fact that you're a police officer?"

"She doesn't care about that because her older brother is a police officer and he works with me. And her parents are alright with me dating their daughter as long as I respect her and love her. Lucy is the first girl that I've met that doesn't care about status one bit. She cares about other people more than herself. She considers everyone as an equal than a minority."

--------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's Mom~

I can't wait to meet Natsu's girlfriend. Everything he has mentioned to us about her seems intriguing. I want to know how did she accomplish something that I couldn't do.

With everything I've heard about her I just might accept her on the spot, but I want to see how they behave along side each other.

This is the first time that Natsu has ever wanted to introduce us to anybody that wasn't his friends. He was always in his own little world not really focused on dating, but more focused on his career and himself than girls.

I love that he thought about his future first than going after every girl that crossed his path. This just shows how much he truly cares about choosing the right person to spend the rest of his life with.