Chapter 7: Day 4

It's been four days since I've been here and it hasn't been easy to be in the same house as my brothers.

It's been two days since I got really angry at my mom. She just wouldn't leave me alone, she kept saying that I don't know Natsu well enough to actually be friends or more than that. Also that he might be someone dangerous or older than me.

I just couldn't take it anymore and snapped at her for making assumptions about someone that she hasn't even met.

I love my mom an all, but I don't like it when she talks bad about someone that I care so much about. I'm currently in the kitchen eating out of a box of cereal sitting on the counter top.

A few minutes later my brother Laxus walks into the kitchen.

"So what are we doing today." he says.

"We?" I ask

"Yeah, as in plural, more than one person." Mr. Smarty pants said.

"Why? Don't you have better things to do?" I say.

Like seriously he normally always just watches t.v. or texts Mira whenever we're here.

"Wow I guess you really don't want to hangout with me." He wipes his eyes pretending like he's crying. That's weird why is he acting this way. Before I could say something to Laxus my mom walks into the kitchen rubbing her puffy eyes. She looks at me and freezes.

I also freeze and drop the cereal box on the counter and it spills all over.

We both probably look like we're trying to find the right words to say but nothing comes out.

It's like my good girl side just immediately turned off. As if someone snapped their fingers and I immediately turned into someone else.

"Lucy" my mom Layla says quietly. She tries to take a step closer to me but I just clench my fists.

"I have to go" I past her and walk upstairs. I walk into my room and slam the door shut. I lay down on my bed facing the wall trying to calm down my anger and sadness.

I hear someone just walk into my room without knocking, which makes me assume that its my mom.

"Mom, please go away" my damn manners got in my way.

"I don't know, but last time I checked I wasn't a female." I suppress my laugh and whip my head around and I look at Laxus.

"What do you want" I say furiously.

"Lucy, you can't ignore mom forever." he says in a genuine tone.

"This is none of your damn business Laxus." I say and turn around to face the wall again.

Next thing I know he is sitting on my bed right beside me. I look at him shocked, but I don't say anything.

"Lucy, I'm not here to tell you how to live your life. I'm not here to force you to make amends with mom. But I'm here to tell you that mom is trying her best. You might not agree with what she is saying, but that gives you no right to treat her like this. I know that you probably might despise me right now, but I don't like seeing mom this miserable and I also know that you don't either." He looks at me in the eyes one more time before he walks out of my room.

That got me thinking about the way that I was acting towards my mom. I should really apologize to her I wouldn't want her to be depressed anymore.

Right when I was about to get up my phone rings indicating that I got a text message.

N:Hey, what's up

L: The sky

N:very funny

L: I try