Chapter 8: Day 6

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

~Natsu's P.O.V.~

It's been a week and six days since the last time that I saw Lucy. I really miss her and I can't stop thinking about her.

Every morning when I wake up she's the first thing that I think about and the last when I go to sleep.

I love her eyes. I can get lost in her eyes all day long. Every time that she looks at me my heart races rapidly... And when she smiles... she leaves me breathless. I just want to be with her all the time...

But now that she's been all week with her family I really miss her. I really want to see those beautiful eyes of hers. I've only known her a few weeks, but I can't stop thinking about how she's such a good person and doesn't care about what others think of her.

I recently found out that she comes from a rich family.Even though she's rich she doesn't consider herself rich, but she considers the money her parents not hers.

Even though sh'es rich she isn't stuck up and spoiled,but the one thing she is that she really care about everyone around her. The more I get to know her the more that I fall for her.

Every minute that passes that I don't get to see her it feels like an eternity waiting to be able to see her.

I'm walking into the police station ready to work, but missing Lucy so dearly since I didn't get to see her on Saturday.

I make my way to my desk. It has seemed so lonely this pass week since my friends are visiting their families. The only friend that didn't leave was Gejeel while the rest of them went with their families.

For the past four hours I've been doing paperwork, but I haven't been able to concentrate because I've been thinking about Lucy.

"Hey Natsu" says Gajeel as he walked towards my desk.

"Hey." I answered.

"Why are you sighing?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"You've been sighing every five minutes for the past 2 hours."

"Oh" I said not realizing that it was so obvious.

"What's gotten into you."

"I haven't been able to see Lucy for the past week since she's been with her family. I really miss her." I said slightly sighing.

"It's true what they say." he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked Gajeel.

"Do you know the saying about the heart?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"No, what saying are you talking about. There's so many out there. You're acting a bit weirder than usual." I said. He kept smirking and I'm really am getting tired of the face that he's making. I just want to wipe that silly smirk off his face.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder." he said now smiling. "Ever since you met Lucy you've changed."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since you started to see each other every weekend you're always talking or thinking about her. Everyday you're texting her or calling her. It's like you're in love with her." said Gajeel.

I started thinking about all the times that I've seen her or texted her. I thought of how I felt every time I received a message from Lucy. My eyes widen realizing that every time we text my heart races while I'm waiting for her reply. Also every time I see her my heart won't slow down. Gajeel is right I'm in love with Lucy.

"Gajeel." I said it in a dazed state which surprised him, "I think you're right. Every single minute of the day I'm thinking about her. Also my heart won't slow down every time that I see her. She's just so humble, smart and beautiful. She care about everyone even though she's rich. I love her for who she is not for what she has."

"Wait she's rich." asked Gajeel surprised, but not that way its like he knows something that he doesn't want to tell me.

"Yeah she texted me a few days ago saying "maid" and that's when I figured it out. But I still don't even remember her last name, since she didn't want to tell me until we see each other."

"Why doesn't she want to tell you?" asked Gajeel smirking in a way that makes me believe that he knows something.

"Because she wants to see my face when she tells me." I said.

"Why? Are her parents that rich that everyone knows their name?" he asked.

"I don't know. All I know is that she has a maid which indicates that she probably does have super rich parents. Who knows she could have a dozen of maids." I said.

"Oh."

"The day that I realized that she was rich got me thinking." I said.

"About what" he said.

"I started thinking about why does she even like to hang out with me. I know that I shouldn't think that way, but just knowing that she's rich gets to me. I just can't help thinking that way. I really like her, but I don't want her to break my heart. I know that she's so nice, but it's just that I'm scared to get hurt."

"Damn you really git it bad for her." said Gajeel with a smirk before walking away.

'I think he's right. For the past few weeks that we've hung out I feel like I already fell in love with her.' I thought.

There are so many thoughts going through my head that I don't know what to do.

-------------------------------------------------

G-Gajeel      S-Sting        J-Jellal

G: Yup Natsu is super whipped

S: I knew it. So what is he gonna do about it.

J: Me too I knew that he loved her it was so obvious the way that he talked about her.

G: I don't know, but he's in love with her to the core. He keeps on getting distracted and starts thinking about Lucy. So maybe sooner or later he will confess to her.

S: I hope so. I want her to be happy even though it's with him.

G: Yeah, but what will he do once he finds out that she's still in High School. Also that she's not 18 yet.

S: I don't know I just hope that he loves her enough to still be with her when he finds out that she's underage.

J: Yeah she deserves to be loved by someone who will make her happy. After what happened years ago, I never want to see her that way again.

S: Yeah me neither. I know that I've caused Lucy so much pain, but I just want to make everything right with her.

S: Thank you to both of you for helping out my sister. I never got the chance to say it.

J: Your welcome.

G: Your welcome.

~Lucy's P.O.V.~

A few more days left until I get to leave this place and go back home and see Natsu. I just miss him so much. Also my friends. I just can't stand being here any longer.

------------------------

Q & A

What will Natsu do about his feeling towards Lucy?

How will Natsu react towards Lucy's age?

What were Sting, Jellal and Gajeel talking about?