Chapter- 2

This morning was a little bit Chaotic with Xavier. He'd been up numerous amount of times the night before. I was exhausted.

Aspen and Lucy were supposed to come for lunch with Maxon and I at 12:00 sharp.

"What do you think?" Maxon asked.

He stood in front of a body sized mirror. I smiled, it was one of his usual suites. I walked over and fixed his tie. "Just fine."

I had on a long light orange dress that when I took a step it would drag on the floor. Honestly I didn't care about dresses, I much rather ware jeans or comfy pants.

"I'll meet you in the lunch hall at 12:00, I got some work I need to finish." He hugged me than walked toward the door.

"I love you, don't forget that." I said, stopping him.

"I love you too, America." Maxon then blew me a kiss, he closed the door behind him.

Now that I had a good solid two hours on my hands, I dropped off Lynn and Xavier at Anne and Mary's room. They were still considered my maids, but I let them take care of Lynn and Xavier sometimes.

I was walking down the palace halls when I seen Silvia. Oh how much I missed her. "How have you been doing Silvia?" I asked making room for some guards passing by.

"Good, what about you? Queen America? I knew you'd be one of the top ladies to stay." She confessed.

"Oh why thank you, and yes I've been doing just fine." I was kinda in a hurry, even though I had an hour left. "Yes, um I'm going to head over to the music room. I'll see you later." I waved back at her and continued down the hall.

I looked over at each instrument. The violin was my favorite. I found a beautiful hand carved violin. I started playing and got caught in the rhythm and movement.

A door creaked open. Aspen. "Wow. Beautiful as ever." He came over and dropped a penny in my hand.

I pastiches over to the piano and played one of my favorite pieces. Swan lake. The beats echoed in my head.

"Shouldn't you be with Lucy?'' I questioned.

"Of course, but why should I be with Lucy when I could be with you."

Anger filled my brain. I am dedicated to Maxon and he should know that.

Aspen came to close for comfort. "Aspen! Stop." I didn't realize I shouted that loud. "We should really get going."

He and I walked side by side eventually meeting Lucy on the way down to the dinning hall.

"Where's Maxon?" Lucy grabbed a plate for the buffet.

"Um he said he'd come eventually." I told her.

I filled my plate with food and took a seat at the table.

We started eating without Maxon. That empty seat where he usually sits made me sad. I'd never are without Maxon before at this table. I guess there is a first time for everything.

"So Lucy are you going to come to my room Tuesday morning to prepare for the annual spring ball?" I tried breaking the silence.

"Yeah of course." She smiled as the waiters took our plates. Still no Maxon.

"Well you two have a good day." I told them, I left shortly after that. I went to go see why Maxon couldn't make it.

I heard footsteps behind me. "Wait, can I talk to you?" Aspen was running toward me.

"What? If you want to talk to me say it now." I was already angry at aspen, this just increases the load.

"I-I still have feelings for you." Those words were my worst nightmare. "When I walked you down the isle of your wedding I just couldn't help to see you with another man."

Stunned.

Shocked.

Paralyzed.

Doesn't even cover it.

_~_~_~_~_~_~

Hey guys! Lol I'm sorry for the cliffhanger. I hope you selectioners love this!!!

Vote, comment and message me I love hearing what you guys think (just not rude comments)