Chapter 16

"Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart."

Last time I checked there was no words to describe me and Maxon's love. Well now I guess I found a couple of words, lost. Deserted maybe even faded.

"You really don't know who I am?" I took a deep breath and sat down, He nodded in disapproval. Something in me broke a little. this wasn't right.

Nova came upstairs shortly after that. "We need to go. One of my bosses called and there are rebel groups coming this way. I'll explain what happened once we get in the truck." I followed her directions. "The kids are already in the truck, I'll grab Maxon." Nova took Maxon's hand and led him to the truck.

Nova was driving upfront with May. Xaiver and Lynn were in the back with Maxon and I.

It was too dark out for any of us to walk anywhere, my best guess was that we were going to spend a night in the truck again...

I held Xaiver in my arms till he fell asleep, He was so soft and gentle. I laid him next to Lynn on a blanket.

I stared at Maxon's confused face. "You really don't remember me?" I murmured under my breath.

He shook his head. "Am I supposed to?"

Yes. Kind of.

What is a queen without her king anyways?

--------

Since this chapter was so short I promise a longer one next time.. With more twists and turns 🙈

-Brandi