Chapter 6

The good news: is that I haven't heard from George in a couple of days which was refreshing to take my mind off of things. Bad news: is that I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Mommy, I wanna be just like you when I'm older." Lynn had red hair just like me, some might say a splitting image.

I grabbed ahold of her hand, while Maxon held Xavier tight in his arms. "Let's go meet grandma, and auntie may!" Maxon cheered.

We made our way down to the main front doors to greet our guests.

May is in her late teens and mom is getting a little older year by year, but she's still in pretty good shape.

I think about my dad a lot when I see my mother. I miss the way he would hug me and tell me everything's going to be alright, but what disappoints me the most is that Lynn and Xavier never got to meet their grandpa.

"Lynn! My my look how big you grown, since I've seen you!" My mom said playfully.

May was also getting taller and more smarter. She loved to visit the palace when she had the chance.

I hugged May tightly till I felt the need to let go. She was warm and smelt like her house.

Maxon took there luggage up to the guest suite, so they could get settled in.

Mom held Xavier till we got out to the garden, than she let him roam free.

"Grandma" Lynn tried to get her attention. She was the kind of child who likes attention. "Yes honey?" My mom turned to her

"Where's grandpa?" Lynn curiously asked.

Since my dad died, and both of Maxon's parents, my mom was all Maxon,me and the kids had.

Maxon and I exchanged looks. "Grandpa passed away sweetie."

Once I think I about it, I should be thanking my mom for me and Maxon's relationship. If it weren't for her id never would've met Maxon.

"Come on Lynn lets go play dress up." I said, trying to get her off the subject.

All of us went back inside, Xavier was being a little cranky, so I put him down for a nap. I asked Aspen to keep an eye on him and to get me if he cried or woke up.

Lynn, May and grandma went to her closet to play dress up, while Maxon and I had coffee downstairs.

Out of nowhere, I heard glass being shattered and guns being triggered off. Quickly guards brought Maxon and I to an underground safe bunk. One word was on my mind Family.

May, Lynn and my mother were still upstairs in Lynn's closet. Xavier was in his room sleeping, we'll probably not anymore. I had to have faith in Aspen that he got Xavier to a safe spot.

"Maxon!" I screamed as he held me in his arms.

That's when I noticed someone opened the door to the safe bunk.

********

Cliffhanger!!!! Ah the goods of this. Vote and comment what you think will happen next.

Does Lynn, May and Americas mom make it back safe??? What about Xavier and Aspen?

😈 I feel like such a devil for what I'm going to do..