Chapter-1

I watched Xavier and Lynn as they ran down the palace stairs with smiles on there faces.

"Come on kids, dinner time!" Maxon announced.

Our kids were a handful, At the age 2 and 4 you'd expect them to be. Lynn was the oldest and, of course daddy's little princess. Xavier on the other hand was mommy'a boy, whenever Maxon tried to pick him up he'd want mom.

Maxon and I were very thankful for two little kids, that lived in a world without castes.

I sat down at the opposite end of the table from Maxon. We always tried to have meals together even if we are busy.

"Lynn, how are you liking your spaghetti dear?" I asked her.

"Perfect mommy!" Lynn replied.

I look over at Maxon, he was feeding Xavier baby food bite by bite. He smiled back at me and tugged his ear.

Ugh the good old ear signal, Maxon and I created in the selection when we needed to talk to each other. It made me feel like the only girl in the world back then.

After dinner I tucked Xavier into bed and shorty after that Lynn.

I walked into Maxon's office. "Hello?" I quietly said.

"Hello, my dear." He smiled and gave me a kiss on the lips. "Again with calling me dear." I whispered.

"Haha, I was just playing with you."

"So what brings me here?" I questioned.

"There is a problem with the system of illeá." He said, taking a seat on his office chair.

"But the castes are gone? What else would be a problem."

"America, just because the castes are gone doesn't mean that all of our problems are gone." Maxon seem very concerned about this. He was dedicated to illeá.

"The rebels want to take over the thrown. George realized that he wanted to run the country his way. Considering that he is the only pure existing illeá, he could as well take over this kingdom."

My jaw dropped. I didn't know what to say, "Maxon I-"

"Our lives. Our family is at risk. I just don't want you worrying." Maxon always had a plan or even an idea but in this situation I don't think he did. "I'm going to finish up, go get some sleep and I'll meet you upstairs."

I quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek and than left to go to bed.

Maxon was right, I shouldn't be worrying. I got to think about what's best for me and my family

_*_*_*_*_*

Do you like it?????????? I just love the one ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and just the fact that they didn't have children in there epilogue made me sad 😥

Anyways QOTD ( question of the day) which book out of the selection series did you like the most?

AOTD (answer) the one no surprise there.9