Chapter 24

America's POV

I slowly found myself being drugged. I was given at least 3-4 types of medicine a day, that's a lot considering I never had to take pills back in illeà.

The kind nurse came back into my room. "Archer has requested to see you." She doubtfully said.

A few moments later I was dressed in new clothes and was walking down a hallway with two guards beside me. From yesterday's meet up with Archer I am not overwhelmed to see him.

"There she is! The women who made this all possible! Now let's be gentlemen and greet her with kind presence." Archer stood up from his seat at a rounded table and started to clap with his other... Friends? It's really hard to believe that he'd have someone close to him, perhaps there faking it?

My face turned beat red when I took a seat next to them. "Now that the beautiful America Schreave, Queen of what use to be illeà is here lets get down to business." One of the men announced as he walked towards the whiteboard.

What have I learned from being Queen? Never to interrupt someone while there trying to explain something that might end your life, but in this case illeà might as well be at war for all I know.

"What about Maxon? Where is he? Shouldn't he be here?" I rudely interrupted. Archer smirked and shook his head in response. "He's dead sweetheart." He couldn't possibly be dead. Just the other day he told me he was fine. My own doings killed my husband and maybe my kids. "Give it up Archer I know he isn't dead."

A mysterious smile crept across his face. "Your smarter than I thought you were, I'm going to have to keep my eye on you." He turned to one of the guards. "In the meantime take her to Maxon."

The guard looked strangely familiar. Before I could recognize who he was, He grabbed my forearm and led me down the long hallway. Every time we took a step closer to the end of the hallway my stomach felt like it was doing backflips.

The guard unlocked the door and closed it once I went in. A man in old beat up clothes was sulking in the dark corner of the room. Only one person came to my mind. Maxon. What could they have done to him?

I slowly took a seat on the floor next to him. "It's okay Maxon, it's me." I told him.

"America?" His sobbing started to turn into heavy tears. He put his arms around me as I comforted him. "I thought I would never see you again." I was speechless nothing could compare to this moment.

~~~~~~

What to say, what to say. Well...Who is watching the Grammys tonight?
MEEE

"Yes, Maxon." I whispered. "It's possible."