Chapter 7

An armed man stood in front of me, with no emotion on his face. My mind was blank. I froze. Maxon was behind me. I kicked the persons gun out of his hands, letting me run past him. Maxon followed shortly behind me.

Gunshots were being fired everywhere. We were outnumbered by the rebels a lot. A bullet flew past me, just skinning my face.

That's when I felt pain on my right rib.

~~~

I took a deep breath. I seen my dad running towards me, glee was written all over his face. I hugged him, like never before. I missed him so much.

"I love you, America." Daddy told me.

"I love you too." I replied.

"I wanted you to know that I'm proud of you."

It echoed in my head. That exact sentence.

.^.^.^.^.^.^

"America?" Maxon was lightly shaking me awake.

I had handcuffs on that were attached to a rail on a large truck. It seemed like we were being shipped somewhere.

"What happened?" I was still a little dizzy. The trucks shaking was no help either.

I looked down at my side, bandages were wrapped around my torso. "You were badly hit with a bullet when you were running out of the cellar." He glumly replied.

Lynn, Xavier and May were cuddled up in the corner of the truck with blankets and pillows. The only thing missing was my mom.

"Maxon, did my mother not make it?" I stuttered.

"She died trying to protect Lynn and May. I'm so sorry America." Maxon trailed off.

I cried. For my mom. My dad. My family. Even Aspen.

"Where are we going anyways?" Quietly asked.

"We don't know, as soon as you fell down in front of the staircase they took us here." He exclaimed. "That's when I found our kids here."

I slowly closed my eyes, I laid against the trucks thin walls. Maxon laid beside me, comforting me by fiddling with my fingers.

"Maxon what are we going to do?" I still had my eyes closed, ignoring the pain.

"It will be okay." He replied and put a thin blanket overtop of us.

It will be okay.

~=~=~=~=~=~

Shocking enough? Lol I'm sorry 😁 it had to be done! Jk I'm sorry it was short I'll make up for it next chapter.

the thing is with authors who kill the characters off is that they have to do it. It wouldn't be that entertaining if they just let everybody survive, because that's not how life is. Well I guess right now.