Chapter 15

* A/N I just love that book trailer, it gives me so many feels 😭*

"Maxon?" I said while knocked on his door gently, I called his name out again. Still no answer. I creaked open the door and walked in. Maxon was laying on his back with his pale green face looking at the Ceiling. Shocked and confused I yelled Nova's name. I felt myself screaming inside, I couldn't stop.

Nova rushed into Maxon's room and immediately put a cold cloth over his forehead. Nova went into the bathroom and pulled out a red translucent liquid that was in a small glass vile.

"What is that stuff?" I impatiently asked. i felt tears were streaming down my face as i spoke.

She let out a big breath before she talked. "Its a reverse antibiotic, it reverses everything that happened in the body."

"What do you mean by 'everything'? "

Her hands were twitching second by second. "We are running out of time." She took a step closer to Maxon. "You have to trust me."

A frown crossed my face. If this was the only way to help Maxon, then we will have to do it. I bent over Maxon and gave him a quick hug, It seemed like milliseconds before i got off of him.

"Are you ready?" She studied my body language. I sighed "As ready as ill every be."

Nova leaned in toward him and opened his mouth. She had one hand on his mouth making sure he wouldn't close it, and the other hand on the vile slowly tilting it so the red liquid went into him.

-------

For the past couple of days I stayed beside Maxon, hoping there would be some dramatic change. It wasn't going to well on my behalf.

May,Xaiver and Lynn came up to say good night to Maxon every night before they went to bed. I explained to May what was happening, It was just to early to tell the kids.

"Its okay daddy, you'll get better." Lynn whispered into his ear just loud enough for me to hear.

"Okay Its time to go to sleep, Nova will tuck-." I told them before I got cut off by Lynn. "Look mommy! daddy is awake!" She exclaimed.

I ordered May to get Nova and take the kids to their bedroom, she did as asked.

Maxons's eyes opened slowly, and saw that i was there. "Maxon I'm so gl-"i leaned over him and went to go hug him.

"Who are you?" His voice rang through my ears like wedding bells.