Chapter 3

I couldn't feel my feet. I stood looking at Aspen in disgust. Lucy is your girlfriend!!! Not me. I had way bigger problems to deal with than him.

"I'm sorry Aspen but I am Maxon's. This whatever you were feeling is nothing to me." I felt like screaming my head off.

I walked away from Aspen, He I am not going to hurt Maxon nor Lucy. She deserves better than that.

My face was burning hot when I walked into Maxon's office, he had his head laid across his books sleeping. I gently shook him awake and quietly called his name. He looked dazed and confused.

Maxon put his hand on my face. "America, why is your face so hot?"

"Aspen told me he still had feeling for me." Tears were now streaming down my warm face. "I don't know what to do anymore." I cried in his arms. My face against his chest. Warm and comforting. I could stay here forever.

"It's okay, we will figure this out together." He whispered.

***

"Oh the kids were just angels." Anne placed Xavier into my arms, he was sleeping peacefully. Lynn grabbed ahold of my hand.

Guards escorted us back to our living quarters. I put Xavier back into his crib. Lynn and I played dolls not to fat away from Xavier.

Lynn had all sorts of dolls, I got one for her birthday that looked exactly like she did. Light brown hair and emerald green eyes. She had a special doll house, where she'd put them to bed and make them eat.

I loved spending time with her, she was truly a little gem.

Xavier woke up not to long after that, he wanted to go see daddy. Aspen was unusually close guarding my door. "Can you please go get Maxon for me? Tell him his family wants him."

Aspen had no emotion what so ever on his face. "As you wish, your majesty." I watched him walk till I didn't see him no more.

"Where's daddy?" Lynn seemed anxious.

"He's coming soon sweetie, daddy's just caught up being the king." I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

"O-Kay" Lynn continued playing dolls, while Xavier waddling around.

Someone knocked on the door, I assumed it was Maxon.

"Daddy!" Lynn dashed over her dolls to go hug Maxon.

Sometimes I think what if Maxon did marry Kriss. Would he have kids? Lynn and Xavier wouldn't of been born. The thought of that sent chills down my spine.

"Come play Dollies with me!" Lynn grabbed his hand, trying to pull him toward her doll house.

I smiled. Even though all those bad times still come to mind, there are good ones to make up for them.

"Lynn, I think it's time for a nap." I announced.

She shook her head in disagreement. "No!"

"Come on sweetie, it's time for a nap. Daddy can tuck you in." She whispered something to him and he smiled.

Maxon went with Lynn to her room. Xavier and I walked down into the palace gardens, where I had my first conversation with Maxon. I remember that night perfectly.

I tried to teach Xavier how to walk, step by step. Even though he stumbled, he still got back up.

Maxon came out of the palace doors. He tugged his ear as soon as I glanced at him.

***

"What is it?" I asked Maxon.

I just put Xavier and Lynn in there rooms.

"George is coming for a meeting tomorrow."