Chapter 18

(America's POV)

I glance back at Maxon's chocolate brown eyes, something about them makes me melt every time I look into them. Is it because I got to attached to him? mught as well be it.

Maxon gets up and moves toward the kids and I. "Im so sorry America. I left you when you needed me the most."

"I don't want you to feel guilty for what you didn't do, you had no choice to have that happen to you." I continued. "If anything I should feel guilty for not doing anything but watch."

The truck came to a yielding stop, I flung over to prevent the kids from not flying against the side of the trucks wall.

I heard no movement from where May and Nova were. Did they see something? I debated in my mind whether or not to go outside and check out what happened. I looked over at Maxon for a moment, paranoia filled his eyes.

Lynn and Xaiver were clear eyed and not in the mood to go back to sleep. I handed Xaiver over to Maxon, Lynn snuggled up beside him.

I quietly tiptoed over to the back of the truck, I paced myself so I didn't make any dramatic noises. My hands were getting hotter and hotter as I got closer to the handle. That's when it hit me.

I flew back hitting my head on the back wall. Pain emerged through my head, I found my eyes getting heavy as I drifted off into the darkness.

-----

Screams filled my ears, it wasn't just any scream, it was May's. The morning sun hurt my eyes. The thick jungle surround me and her. I looked down trying to figure out why I wasn't moving. Ropes. They were cutting off my circulation around my stomach. I was tied up to a tree across from May.

There was just one question that I wanted answers to. Where was Maxon and the kids?

-------

I don't know if I should feel worried or scared, possibly a mixture of both is probably what I'm feeling..

Anyways I'm so sorry that I didn't upload this chapter along time ago. I wasn't finished, I promise you a better chapter next day.

And... My story reached 4,83k reads. Thank you for the votes and comments!! I really appreciate it!! Keep it up and a surprise may happen 😉