Chapter One.|Rapture

Chapter 1.

"Rapture.

Noun

1. A feeling of intense pleasure or joy." Mrs smith announced the class.

I never felt this actual feeling before. Sure I've been happy in my life and fun but never rapture.

"Charlotte can you give the class a sentence with the word we used."

"Uhm." I tapped my pen on my books thinking as hard as I could.

"The- misplaced girl felt rapture with her grades." I stumbled looking up.

"I'm surprised Charlotte that you got it wrong." Mrs smith sighed.

"Rapture students, a passion a desire of a feeling for one another. Romeo felt rapture to Juliet, their love unstoppable, no matter what the conditions were-" Mrs smith continued on. I got out my books taking notes on what she discussed with the class. The bell rang while everyone gathered their books and continued with they're daily lives. I walked out with Sam and Erica, my two very close friends, to our last class, Physical ed.

-

Taking of my shirt in the locker room I heard some mumbles going on that there was a party this Friday.

"Hey Sam, who's throwing the party." Erica asks while I'm still very clueless on what's happening around me.

"Tommy." she smirked

"Tommy? He never told me anything about a party." I reply confused. Why wouldn't Tommy tell me about this, I tried to shake it off then wore my blue shorts.

"Don't worry Charlie, it's probably a surprise one." Erica added. I sighed wearing my black sports bra and light yellow T-shirt.

"Ladies put on your cleats were playing soccer!" Mrs. Neila yelled out. "God this shit again" Sam laughed putting her locker combination. She threw me her extra soccer cleats while I put my hair in a high pony tail. I tied the shoes tightly so they wouldn't slip off like they always do. I continued doing my routine and then waited for Erica and Sam to finish off. We jogged off to the field where the whole class seemed to be waiting.

"Is that all ladies?" Mrs Neila asked.

"I think so." Erica giggled while kneeling down. I rolled my eyes and waited for coach to speak.

"Ok the warmups.....give me sprints back and fourth until I tell you to stop then 2 laps afterwards." Coach commanded. We went ahead and ran until she blew the whistle.

"Ok go ladies Go." blowing the whistle alarming my legs to run. I've then realized that that lacrosse team were walking near us and I spotted Tommy. He was two year boyfriend. Tommy cares much for me but I deeply know that he  won't be the guy I might live my entire life with. I'm not sure why I'm even thinking about this.

"Hey tommy." I stopped running to catch his attention.

"Oh hey babe, so should I take you home or do you want to wait until practice is over." He waited for a reply until I realized he meant after school. Great you're pretty slow Charlie!

"I'll just go with-"I looked back and slightly pointed at Erica and Sam then I became aware that I've been carpooling with them for a while now, and so I wanted to have a break away from them.

"I'll just wait for you." I finally answer

"Are you sure." he smiled with his dimples forming. He knew that his smile and dimples were my true weakness but I distracted myself looking at the clouds. He gently pushed my chin so I can focus on him. He scooped me up and gave me a kiss. I felt his hand going lower but I pushed it back.