Chapter 17 - Kids In Love

At the Warped Tour, literally every single band I loved played. There was this massive board that showed what time and what stage each band played at. And that was were Luke and I were stood.

"Holy-" I started.

"-Shit." Luke finished.

Everyone, had coloured hair and piercings and tattoos and scars. There was currently a Mosh Pit happening in front of the Crown The Empire performance.

"This is fucking amazing! Best birthday gift ever!" I hugged Luke, and couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"Alright so, who are we going to see first?"

Basically, we checked over the list a few dozen times and realized we would be jumping around everywhere, at so many different times. Sadly, we each kinda had our own like bands besides the ones we shared, so it was tricky. We realized the only way to see everyone was to only spend 20 minutes at most bands. 

"Alright, so we start with Crown The Empire, who just started 4 minutes ago. Head over to Bring Me The Horizon, then to You Me At Six, and if they are finished with their set first we go back and see BMTH, with me so far?" I asked. Luke shook his head and I continued.

"We then head over and see Sleeping With Siren's full set, stay there for all of Pierce The Veil, and then leave after 20 minutes of Breathe Carolina, go over and see All Time Low's full set, right?" Luke nodded so I continued.

"After All Time Low, we have 20 minutes before My Chemical Romance starts, so we are going to go visit VeeOneEye and Patty Walters right?" Luke did a slight jump for joy when I meantioned Jason and Patty, they were Youtubers that were, as Luke said and I quote "The best fucking youtubers in the entire fucking world!" Yeah, Luke tends to swear when he is excited.

"Okay, so after MCR, we head over to Blink-182, then to finish off the night is Mayday Parade. Sound good?"

"It sounds amazing. To Crown The Empire we go!"

The first song they sang, when we were watching was Machines. Luke and I were more near the back, but it was still amazing. A mosh pit was happening in the middle of the crowd, which prevented Luke and I from getting any closer to the stage. We agreed that before we came, neither of us would mosh. 

"If all we are is just machines! Let's become a miracle and break free from these chains! We must be more than just machines!"

I threw my hands and started to jump around as the music suddenly became really heavy. Luke copied my actions and did the same. I could tell Luke had never been to anything like this, so he was probably just copying me to fit in.

Basically what the song meant, everyone was supposed to be the same, and fit in perfectly, but they didn't want to. I guess that's what the people around Luke and I were against the others. We were the Runaways (which is like the Killjoys of MCR) and the rest of the world were the Machines that were all trying to fit in. We were all trying to stick out, and do what we want instead of what we were told. To be fair, it was probably one of my favourite songs.

"Oh my god, that was amazing!" Luke shouted over the crowd after we had just gotten down with Crown The Empire's show.

"You haven't seen nothing yet."

We headed over to Bring Me The Horizon. That's when Luke realized the people there were as metal as fuck once he saw and nearly experienced the Wall Of Death. Thankfully, I pulled him out before he got killed. 

I pretty much had to save Luke from every single type of Moshing. There is the Wall Of Death was when the crowd split into 2, then ran together, not meaning to hurt anyone but hey shit happens. Then there is Mosh Pit, where if you look at it, it looks like a bunch of people running in a massive circle trying to hit each other but nope, I mean yeah the outer sides run but if you get caught in the pit no one knows the the hell happens. Then there are your crowd surfers, which as these badass (usually moshers) who manage to climb up onto the stage (without disrupting the band or equipment) then dive into the crowd and get carried along and eventually hit the ground. Warped tour is pretty brutal, but in the end it's all fun and the ability to listen to great music.