Chapter 58 Madness of a Mother

Sheogorath took a bow at the sound of his name and politely said, "Charmed."

Bishop drew one of his swords and held it out, pointing it at the Daedric Lord. "Send us back right now," he demanded.

Sheogorath shouted, "HOW RUDE!" This made them both jump, but then he said in a softer voice, "To show up to dinner and not even dressed in the proper attire." Sheogorath snapped his fingers and both Rona and Bishop were quickly enveloped in some kind of magical energy.

In a second they were no longer wearing their usual clothes but instead had on some fine clothing. Bishop was now wearing a red nobleman's suit with a dark brown, fur fitted shoulder cloak and a fur trimmed hat to match and Rona had on a floor length white dress with a short, lacy red bolero draped over her shoulders and pinned together with a gold chain in front. They looked like wedding clothes.

They were also completely disarmed and Bishop was no longer holding his sword but a very peculiar looking staff with a terrifying face on it. He dropped it on the ground the second he realized what it was and grabbed the fur trimmed hat off his head and chucked it across the forest with an angry snarl.

"Much better!" Sheogorath said with a pleased look on his face, "Now. What brings you tiny, puny, expendable little mortals to me this fine evening?"

Bishop took a sharp breath through his nose and said, "No. We are not fucking doing this again."

He grabbed Rona by the arm, dragging her away and into the fog with him. She felt very uneasy. "Bishop, we have no idea where we are. We shouldn't just go wandering around in a place like this."

"I'm not about to do whatever insane bidding the fucking Mad God himself wants me to do. I put up with Sanguine's shit, I am not doing this all over again," he sounded far more livid than afraid. He was letting his anger lead him and Rona, not knowing what to do herself simply fell into step behind him, letting him pull her along.

After a minute of walking they came out of the fog and stepped right back into the same clearing where Sheogorath now sat at the table in his tall stone chair enjoying a slice of cheese and a goblet of wine. Though they were on the opposite side of the table now from where they left.

Bishop let her go and stormed right up to the Daedric Prince, slammed his hands on the table and roared, "WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE!?"

Sheogorath looked up at him, a cheerful smile on his face, "Inside the mind of Emperor Pelagius the third, silly. Oh? Is it your first time?"

Bishop held his hands up and curled his fingers in a throttling motion before he muttered steadily through grit teeth, "Look. Let me level with you here... Daedric... lord or whatever," he pointed back at Rona, "She needs to go back to the mortal world so she can finish her fucking journey that you all put her on and kill the World Eater which will save everyone, including you and your... kind."

He was trying to keep his temper leveled, trying to reason with a Daedric Prince... trying to reason with The Mad God himself.

Sheogorath looked between Bishop and her for a moment before he said, "You know, I always did think Akatosh had a sense of humor granting my dearest Claudia with the Dragonborn as her first child. Even funnier when she nearly starved the living legend herself as just a teeny, tiny babe," he took a gulp of his wine.

"That's not funny," Bishop said firmly.

"You have questions don't you Dragonborn? I might be of a mind to answer them for you. Or I might not. In fact, I'm absolutely, positively out of my mind!" He gave a hearty laugh then motioned to the empty chair across from him, "Come along then! Join me! Have a seat, try the cheese!"